Canon has released an interactive brochure for the Canon EOS R3

Aug 26, 2015
this page seems fake to me. I seen pages like this before everytime a new camera comes out. No proof of the camera, no subs.
Yeah, everything on the internet is fake, obviously and you must have checked the review as well.
Is that a fake picture and a fake test of 6K60p RAW recording? :LOL:

Upvote 0
My current understanding (based on forum posts and my own examination of images of the R3 shoe, ST-E10 base, 1D X shoe and bases of current sealed and non-sealed flashes that I have in hand, but subject to change) is that you can use the ST-E3-RT directly on the R3, but the combination will not be weather sealed. If you use the AD-E1 shoe adapter (or the ST-E10), you'll have a weather-sealed combination.

Personally, I have an ST-E3-RT, 4 600EX-RT flashes, along with a 270EX II and MT24-EX. FWIW, I preordered both the ST-E10 and the AD-E1 adapter, but that was before I had the piece of information from Canon that non-sealed flash units can mount directly on the R3. I'll probably cancel/return AD-E1 once it's confirmed that direct mounting of sealed flashes on the R3 works (I have never used a flash in the rain), but I'll probably keep the ST-E10 – I like the smaller size, and I am used to controlling the flashes via the camera menus rather than the controls/LCD on the ST-E3-RT.
I also think every old hotshoe equipemnt should mount directly to the R3, albeit without (perfect) weather sealing.

I think the smaller size of the ST-E10 over the ST-E3-RT is worth the purchase alone. The R3 with the mounted ST-E10 will fit more easily into my bag, and this is great. Weight is a minor issue, but the fact that the ST-E10 doesn't need batteries to operate is another plus in the convenience category.

Additionally the ST-E10 is much cheaper than the ST-E3-RT, so it is not tooo heavy an investment.

I also almost never use flashes mounted directly to the hot shoe, and even less so in rain. With GPS built in, there is also no need for the GPS-E2-receiver (which I do use in rain), so I think there is very little need for the hot shoe adapter.

Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Yeah, everything on the internet is fake, obviously and you must have checked the review as well.
Is that a fake picture and a fake test of 6K60p RAW recording? :LOL:

No one was allowed to show raw 6k footage, how come they could?

Upvote 0

fox40phil

People, Events, Sports & Wildlife
Apr 12, 2013
Germany
www.phileas-schoenberg.de
Shots with electronic shutter doesn’t count for the shutter durability of 500k or?!

Sweet nice brochure!

What I don’t like in general: 7,5 EV shooting buut only with f1.2 lenses… what about values to the other lenses?! even those new „dark“ ones with f7.1 & f11 ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0