Canon Mirrorless on the Horizon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2011
UncleFester said:
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I don't really need the back LCD, but it will never go away in a mainstream camera. It is one of the features that attracted the masses to digital cameras, they can tell if they actually captured a photo,

Histogram. And to check for burnouts the histogram doesn't always reveal. ;D

I took photos for 40 years before digital cameras came along in the 1990's without histograms, and I often still do. Like I said, the LCD isn't going away. its something that too many have come to depend on. I don't hate it, but with a rangefinder type camera, I would be willing to forgo it.

Upvote 0
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I took photos for 40 years before digital cameras came along in the 1990's without histograms, and I often still do. Like I said, the LCD isn't going away. its something that too many have come to depend on. I don't hate it, but with a rangefinder type camera, I would be willing to forgo it.

I think an alternative to LCD display screen would be displaying the photos and menus through the EVF. That's how my x100 does it - though having to peek into the viewfinder to check photos and menu can become painful for the eyes at times.

Upvote 0
frankly if it doesnt give better iso preformance and superfast autofocus preformance i cant care less as i fail to see what the advanrtages would be im already willing to trade up in body as my massive hands start getting anoyed by my 450D's small grip and im considering L lenses with USM in the future as micromotor anoyes the *BEEEP* out of me

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.