Eos M3 -Three weeks in Europe, my Review

Hi, I have just come back from three weeks in Germany and Italy where I used my M3 extensively as a travel camera with the 18-55 kit zoom and the 22mm f2 prime.

What I mainly found is that the image quality is really good up to 1600 iso ( I didn't test the higher iso's)

The shadows when pushed can become noisy

The AF still needs some improvement

But I came back with tons of quality images and I was quite happy in general how it handled....if you want to see a lot more images plus the whole story and review you can go to my blog at:

http://thelazytravelphotographer.blogspot.com/2015/09/canon-eos-m3-review-third-time-lucky.html#more

First image from Naples and second one from Rome

Attachments

• IMG_2905-f.jpg
    IMG_2905-f.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 372
  • IMG_4557-F--DPP-&-Viveza-HDR.jpg
    IMG_4557-F--DPP-&-Viveza-HDR.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 350
  • _MG_9259.jpg
    _MG_9259.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 390
Comprehensive practical review from someone who knows about photography and can provide a pragmatic feedback, thank you. Love the shots of Italy and Germany, some really good compositions, which given the problems you highlighted with the AF, also underline your commitment to making the best of the M3.

On a separate note, worrying about the new 16-35 f/4 quality but good advice - a friendly dealer is always worth it, it that it should be required.

Thanks again for sharing...

Upvote 0