First Images & More Specifications for the Canon EOS 6D Mark II Leak

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
hbr said:
Don Haines said:
I also agree. When one throws terms like Nerfed, Crippled, or Fanboy into a conversation, they come with a lot of emotional baggage (that varies from person to person) and makes it harder to get your point across as the moment they see Nerfed, it sets a tone that usually gets associated with extreme (and often unreasonable) viewpoints that spawns even more extreme responses..... How can one recover from that?

Hi Don,
I have read your response several times and I am not sure of your conclusion. As for extreme or unreasonable comments or posts, if I have something to say, I say it once after that I try to stop responding so as not to add fuel to the fire.
My thoughts are that if you are on top looking down as many on this forum are, a certain missing item may appear to make the camera "crippled" or "nerfed," but if you are at the bottom with a small budget looking up, you might be glad that this item is missing so that you are not paying for something you will never use.

Brian

I found your comment to be neither extreme, nor unreasonable. You stated a position and explained it well with neutral language. I agree with what you said.

The internet is a hard place to avoid confusion. My comment was about the difficulties of having an electronic discussion when certain words mean different things to different people. This, coupled with the difficulties of expressing our feelings or subtleties with a keyboard, makes misunderstandings inevitable. We often do not express ourselves well.... and the fact that my post confused you makes me guilty myself....

Your posting was an example of how to converse well, and it brought to mind a lot of the recent posts that had descended into gainsaying and ruined several threads.

What I was trying to say, was that the emotional baggage of certain words can set the tone of the conversation. For example, look at AF points..... if one says that camera X has 45 points as opposed to the 65 points on camera Y, it is a fairly neutral statement that is undeniably correct. If you say the camera X was crippled with 45 points, it sets a negative tone which tends to encourage both the "Canon is doomed" crowd, and the "defenders of the realm" , setting up an argument that can never be resolved and before we know it, we are wading through 500 posts of insanity.....

Once the war has begun, it is hard to have a rational discussion. The truth is usually in the middle, but when people become polarized into extreme positions, it is impossible to get there. Attempts to rationally explain things tend to get lost in the noise, and sometimes attacked by all sides.

It is my hope that as a group, we forum users try to take things a bit less personally, try to avoid emotionally charged language, absolutely avoid calling each other names, not be so quick to hit "post", and get out there and take pictures....

Upvote 0

hne

Gear limits your creativity
Jan 8, 2016
More images: http://digicame-info.com/2017/06/eos-6d-mark-ii-10.html

canon_6dII_004.jpg

canon_6dII_005.jpg

Upvote 0

Khalai

In the absence of light, darknoise prevails...
May 13, 2014
Prague
hne said:
More images: http://digicame-info.com/2017/06/eos-6d-mark-ii-10.html

canon_6dII_004.jpg

canon_6dII_005.jpg

Neat! Looking forward to that vari-angle touch LCD. I may even preorder one :)

cerealito said:
Any info on the pricing??? ???

Estimated price should be 1999 USD/1999 EUR.

Upvote 0

hbr

Oct 22, 2016
Don Haines said:
hbr said:
Don Haines said:
I also agree. When one throws terms like Nerfed, Crippled, or Fanboy into a conversation, they come with a lot of emotional baggage (that varies from person to person) and makes it harder to get your point across as the moment they see Nerfed, it sets a tone that usually gets associated with extreme (and often unreasonable) viewpoints that spawns even more extreme responses..... How can one recover from that?

Hi Don,
I have read your response several times and I am not sure of your conclusion. As for extreme or unreasonable comments or posts, if I have something to say, I say it once after that I try to stop responding so as not to add fuel to the fire.
My thoughts are that if you are on top looking down as many on this forum are, a certain missing item may appear to make the camera "crippled" or "nerfed," but if you are at the bottom with a small budget looking up, you might be glad that this item is missing so that you are not paying for something you will never use.

Brian

I found your comment to be neither extreme, nor unreasonable. You stated a position and explained it well with neutral language. I agree with what you said.

The internet is a hard place to avoid confusion. My comment was about the difficulties of having an electronic discussion when certain words mean different things to different people. This, coupled with the difficulties of expressing our feelings or subtleties with a keyboard, makes misunderstandings inevitable. We often do not express ourselves well.... and the fact that my post confused you makes me guilty myself....

Your posting was an example of how to converse well, and it brought to mind a lot of the recent posts that had descended into gainsaying and ruined several threads.

What I was trying to say, was that the emotional baggage of certain words can set the tone of the conversation. For example, look at AF points..... if one says that camera X has 45 points as opposed to the 65 points on camera Y, it is a fairly neutral statement that is undeniably correct. If you say the camera X was crippled with 45 points, it sets a negative tone which tends to encourage both the "Canon is doomed" crowd, and the "defenders of the realm" , setting up an argument that can never be resolved and before we know it, we are wading through 500 posts of insanity.....

Once the war has begun, it is hard to have a rational discussion. The truth is usually in the middle, but when people become polarized into extreme positions, it is impossible to get there. Attempts to rationally explain things tend to get lost in the noise, and sometimes attacked by all sides.

It is my hope that as a group, we forum users try to take things a bit less personally, try to avoid emotionally charged language, absolutely avoid calling each other names, not be so quick to hit "post", and get out there and take pictures....

Gotcha. I agree with you 100%.

Upvote 0

Khalai

May 13, 2014
Prague
MayaTlab said:
Khalai said:

Do you have a source for the price in euro ?

At current exchange rates it would be surprising to see a €1999 price.

I'm just guesstimating, since USD prices are usually w/o VAT or sales tax, while EUR prices are not. Whether we like it or not, conversion rate was 1:1 for a long time to much dismay from EU citizens (myself included).

Source is very own CR site with CR3 rating: http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=32819.0

Upvote 0
Khalai said:
MayaTlab said:
Khalai said:

I'm just guesstimating, since USD prices are usually w/o VAT or sales tax, while EUR prices are not. Whether we like it or not, conversion rate was 1:1 for a long time to much dismay from EU citizens (myself included).

Source is very own CR site with CR3 rating: http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=32819.0

The 1:1 conversion rate has been gone for a while now. Personally, unless the US price has been determined to milk US consumers, I'm expecting the 6D to come at around €2199.

Upvote 0

Khalai

May 13, 2014
Prague
MayaTlab said:
Khalai said:
MayaTlab said:
Khalai said:

The 1:1 conversion rate has been gone for a while now. Personally, unless the US price has been determined to milk US consumers, I'm expecting the 6D to come at around €2199.

Dammit! You are correct. If I take 1999 USD and add 21% VAT (Czechia) it's around 2150 € :mad:

Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
Well....the current prices of a body only 5D MK IV in the US (no discount included) is $3499.
The price of a body only 5D MK IV - at least in the Netherlands - is €4129.
Even if you make the VAT calculations en currency conversion....the difference is significant and not positive for the price in the Netherlands.

My guess is that the body only 6D MK II price in the Netherlands will be €2399. I would be shocked if it is higher and pleasantly surprised if it is lower.

Upvote 0
Diamir said:
Khalai said:

Generally, the converson is not done that way. I would say (unfortunately as I'm from France), it will be closer to 2200€... :-\

It also depends on the exchange rate at the time Canon purchased their exchange hedges (which might be quite different from the exchange rate at the time of price comparison). I believe EU member countries also have a mandatory "fit for sale" warranty period of a few years, which is longer than that for the US, and Canon has to price that in as well.

There are, in general, political and economic reasons that things cost more in Europe. At this point, it should surprise no one. It can be lamented, but it's not for nothing, and no one should be expecting to punch the USD price into a currency converter and see the EUR price.

Upvote 0

Khalai

May 13, 2014
Prague
LonelyBoy said:
Diamir said:
Khalai said:

Generally, the converson is not done that way. I would say (unfortunately as I'm from France), it will be closer to 2200€... :-\

It also depends on the exchange rate at the time Canon purchased their exchange hedges (which might be quite different from the exchange rate at the time of price comparison). I believe EU member countries also have a mandatory "fit for sale" warranty period of a few years, which is longer than that for the US, and Canon has to price that in as well.

There are, in general, political and economic reasons that things cost more in Europe. At this point, it should surprise no one. It can be lamented, but it's not for nothing, and no one should be expecting to punch the USD price into a currency converter and see the EUR price.

US prices are taxless and with 1yr warranty. EU prices have to factor in VAT and 2yr warranty. Still, the difference is quite significant and unpleasant to european customers for obvious reasons. If you live in middle or eastern european country, 2199 € price tag is about twice or thrice the amount of average monthly salary.

Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
So.

It appears the control layout and ergonomics is basically 100% identical to the 80D which is not surprising - except for the dedicated playback zoom button (inherited from the 6D)! There is no M.fn button; the button next to the shutter is the AF mode selection button like in the 70D and the 80D, most likely not programmable.

Upvote 0