Further Confirmation of EOS 77D, EOS Rebel T7i & New Kit Lens for CP+

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
We <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-eos-77d-coming-soon-cr2/">reported back in December</a> that we would be seeing an EOS 77D and EOS Rebel T7i announced ahead of either CES or CP+. We expect to see these two cameras announced in the coming week.</p>
<p>Below is further confirmation from NokiS___a.</p>
<p><strong>Canon EOS 77D </strong>(Replacement for T6s)</p>
<ul>
<li>Body · 18-55mm kit · 18-135mm IS USM kit</li>
<li>SKU: 1892C001</li>
<li>Product name in Japan is not confirmed</li>
</ul>
<p><strong>Canon EOS Rebel T7i </strong>(Replacement for T6i)</p>
<ul>
<li>Body · 18-55mm kit · 18-135mm IS STM kit</li>
<li>SKU: 1894C001</li>
<li>Product name in Japan is unconfirmed (Kiss X9i?)</li>
</ul>
<p><strong>Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>SKU: 1620C001</li>
<li>Formal product name is unconfirmed (only focal length and F value and STM confirmed)</li>
</ul>
<p><strong>Canon BR-E1</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>SKU: 2140C001</li>
<li>Remote controller?</li>
</ul>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Canon Rumors said:
Etienne said:
Maybe interesting if it has DPAF

I'd be surprised if the 77D didn't have DPAF, it has become an automatic feature on Canon DSLRs.

If so, it will make a good vlogging camera, like the 80D only cheaper and lighter.
Also good for interviews as a one man band.

Upvote 0
Sep 25, 2010
Canon Rumors said:
Etienne said:

I'd be surprised if the 77D didn't have DPAF, it has become an automatic feature on Canon DSLRs.

I'm still perplexed that a Rebel would get the XXD designation, making it appear to sit between the 70D and 80D in features. Maybe Canon is preparing to completely change their product designations.

Upvote 0
Orangutan said:
Canon Rumors said:
Etienne said:

I'm still perplexed that a Rebel would get the XXD designation, making it appear to sit between the 70D and 80D in features. Maybe Canon is preparing to completely change their product designations.

I guess Canon will soon have no choice but to mess up the naming scheme for the XXD line soon anyways. After the 80D, the 90D, then what? 100D? I think not. In which case, they may bend the conventions for the surrounding models naming.

Upvote 0
IglooEater said:
Orangutan said:
Canon Rumors said:
Etienne said:

I guess Canon will soon have no choice but to mess up the naming scheme for the XXD line soon anyways. After the 80D, the 90D, then what? 100D? I think not. In which case, they may bend the conventions for the surrounding models naming.
My disappointment is with not designing kit lens similar to ef-m 15-45mm lens. I guess Canon not going to do that unless Nikon comes up with one.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Canon Rumors said:
Etienne said:

Canon has said that all new DSLR sensors would have on sensor A-D converters, if they do that, I can't see one without DPAF. Canon likes to reuse the basic sensor designs on several models, it will likely be the same or close to the M5 / 80D.

Upvote 0
I imagine it will have 80D specs but:

-no 80D large viewfinder
-no 80D pentaprism, will prolly still be pentamirror
-no 80D weather sealing
-no 80D kelvin settings
-slightly lower battery life
-max shutter of 1/4000 instead of 1/8000 on the 80D
-slightly lower burst

I do think they will have DPAF and that will be marketed as the reason to upgrade.

I'm not sure about the amount of MP, since the 760D did have more MP than the 70D. It's possible these cameras would have 28MP or something.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Naming scheme makes sense. It made less sense to have an XXD line with only camera in the lineup.

Anxious to see what sensor they use. Will it be the same as the 80D or will it be something different?

DPAF, wifi, touchscreen are all givens. Would not be surprised to see at least one f8 autofocus point and possibly more.

Upvote 0
Orangutan said:
Canon Rumors said:
Etienne said:

Maybe it's (one of) the problem(s) of ageing or a world getting more and more complicated: Canons designation system has lost its stringent logics, driven by higher diversification and the limitations of 1- or 2-digit numbers while the 1-digit numbers 4 and 8 are omitted.

Overwise: It prevents me from buying new stuff to often - I really like my 5D and EOS M classic versions to .... take photos.

Upvote 0