Go ad-free and more by becoming a Canon Rumors PRO.

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Add to this that the value of serving an ad has dropped over time, so whereas 10 years ago maybe you only needed to server 2 ads to get $0.10, today you need to serve 5.

Yep. The advertisers recognize that their ads won't be seen some percentage of the time, so they make them more obnoxious, which makes more people block them, which...

Death Spiral.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
What, are you telling us the Sony trolls are not interested in paying money for the privilege to invade the otherwise presumably rational premium-only forum sections? :LOL: I'm sure Sony can toss them a coin to assert their dominance ;)
I can assure you of the fact that Sony trolls will often go to great lengths to appear Canon neutral or even friendly. So yes, a really stealthy little rat like that would shell out the money. ;)

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Yep. The advertisers recognize that their ads won't be seen some percentage of the time, so they make them more obnoxious, which makes more people block them, which...

Death Spiral.

On my own computers, I always use an AdBlocker (with malware infected ads, this is the only sane choice). Now I'm also using a computer at a client, that is locked down hard, so I get to see the amount of obnoxious ads across the interwebs. Goodness me, it's horrible.

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Desperately need an option other than Paypal. For reasons I'll lkeep to myself I'll never use Payal.

I just chose the option to use a credit card. I didn't have to give further info to PayPal--beyond what I'd give to any online merchant, that is.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Rumours not rumors

R6mkII, 2x90D, 630 (film), Sigma 70-200 f2.8 Sport
CR Pro
May 12, 2020
Australia mate (-:
@Canon Rumors Guy ... Time to create canonrumours.co.uk and do some rebranding. ;)
Well better yet, make it canonrumours.com.au for several reasons,
1. Australians speak and spell English words correctly.
2. The first major leak to the world about the R5 specs was on the Canon Australia website - yes we started off as convicts so it makes sense we stole the limelight (note it's not limelite... proper spelling again).
3. As I type this down under, it is Saturday yet almost all of the world is still on Friday because we're ahead of the most of the planet so makes sense to base a site that's literally ahead of the rest.
4. Anyone can get a .com name, but to get a .com.au you have to prove you are worthy and can justify being offered that name by the Australian Internet Naming Authority meaning real street cred, more than a common as muck domain name extension offered by other countries.
5. Canon's FAVOURITE red is a well known COLOUR here, not a favorite color (what is that anyway?).
I could keep going but I'm off to centre (not center) my attention at throwing some dollars at a CR Pro membership. No offence (not offense) to any non-antipodeans; it's all meant in good humour (not humor) and not fuelling (not fueling) a debate with my northern hemisphere neighbours (not neighbors). :p

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Rumours not rumors

R6mkII, 2x90D, 630 (film), Sigma 70-200 f2.8 Sport
CR Pro
May 12, 2020
Australia mate (-:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I bet Noah Webster was always bottom of his school class at spelling and so thought " I'm going to create a dictshonary wer words r spelt as they sownd"
Noah Webster's concept of spelling words phonetically (ironically not fonetically) in the USA falls apart by the fact there is one US State called Kansas and another called Arkansas yet the latter is pronounced by Americans as Ahr-can-saw rather than ahr-can-zas as it would be if the phonetic rule made sense and was applied uniformly, that's before we touch on Connecticut and Tucson havng a silent "c" and the "s" not being vocalized in Illinois... just saying.
Mind you, when I was a kid, all of my mates used to crack up laughing when the TV sitcom The Nanny would start and the jingle said "Til her boyfriend kicked her out in one of those crushing scenes, What was she to do, Where was she to go, She was out on her fanny..." because outside the USA, "fanny" refers to a different part of a woman's body than it does in the USA. Search the internet for the worldly meaning and imagine what 10 year boys thought hearing that in prime time TV every night hahahaha. :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

HikeBike

R6
CR Pro
Feb 6, 2019
Maryland, USA
Mind you, when I was a kid, all of my mates used to crack up laughing when the TV sitcom The Nanny would start and the jingle said "Til her boyfriend kicked her out in one of those crushing scenes, What was she to do, Where was she to go, She was out on her fanny..." because outside the USA, "fanny" refers to a different part of a woman's body than it does in the USA. Search the internet for the worldly meaning and imagine what 10 year boys thought hearing that in prime time TV every night hahahaha. :ROFLMAO:
This is hilarious. I had no idea!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
..." because outside the USA, "fanny" refers to a different part of a woman's body than it does in the USA. Search the internet for the worldly meaning and imagine what 10 year boys thought hearing that in prime time TV every night hahahaha. :ROFLMAO:
I’m both old and experienced enough to know what a European fanny is , though the modern fashion of shaving is a bit of a shame IMHO.

Incidentally my American friends tend to get a bit tetchy if I point out they can’t spel.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0