Here is Everything That Canon is Announcing Early Next Week

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
Canon will be announcing a slew of new products on Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 11:01PM EST.</p>
<p><strong><a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-eos-m50-more-images-and-specifications/">Canon EOS M50 / EOS KISS M</a></strong> (follow the link for the specifications)</p>
<ul>
<li>This is the flagship product announcement ahead of CP+.</li>
<li>Preorders will start on February 27, 2018</li>
<li>The expected ship date in March 23, 2018</li>
</ul>
<p><strong><a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-speedlite-470ex-ai-additional-images-information/">Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI</a></strong></p>
<ul>
<li>This flash was supposed to be announced in the summer of 2017, but was delayed for unknown reasons.</li>
<li>Preorders likely start on February 27, 2018</li>
<li>The Speedlite 470EX-AI will begin shipping in April of 2018</li>
</ul>
<p><strong><a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/images-and-specifications-for-the-canon-eos-2000d-eos-rebel-t7/">Canon EOS Rebel T7 / EOS 2000D / KISS X90</a></strong></p>
<ul>
<li>This continues the line of entry level Rebel DSRLs.</li>
<li>Preorders are expected on February 27, 2018</li>
<li>The camera is scheduled to begin shipping on March 23, 2018</li>
</ul>
<p><a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/heres-the-canon-eos-4000d-a-new-entry-level-dslr/"><strong>Canon EOS Rebel T100 / EOS Rebel 4000D / EOS 3000D in China / Unknown in Japan</strong></a></p>
<ul>
<li>This is will be Canon’s brand new entry level DSLR</li>
<li>This will be the lest expensive DSLR they’ve ever made.</li>
<li>The EOS Rebel T100 will have a plastic lens mount by the looks of it.</li>
</ul>
<p><strong>Canon EOS M100 Limited Edition</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>A pink EOS M100 is coming to Japan</li>
<li>It’s scheduled for release in April, 2018</li>
</ul>
<p>There are no PowerShot G series cameras scheduled to be announced.</p>
<p>There is always the possibility of a “development” announcement, as those never leak out ahead of time.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
exquisitor said:
I don't see a point for the new ultra-affordable line of 4000D. Price for the current 1300D here in Germany is 300 € for the body. Would 4000D cost around 200 €? If not, then there is no point.

It reminds me on Canon EF-M camera from 1991, which also had a plastic mount and was really cheap.

I haven't heard the price yet on the T100/4000D, but if they're wanting to get under say $250USD with an 18-55, I think that's worth the time.

Upvote 0
Canon Rumors said:
exquisitor said:
I don't see a point for the new ultra-affordable line of 4000D. Price for the current 1300D here in Germany is 300 € for the body. Would 4000D cost around 200 €? If not, then there is no point.

It reminds me on Canon EF-M camera from 1991, which also had a plastic mount and was really cheap.

I haven't heard the price yet on the T100/4000D, but if they're wanting to get under say $250USD with an 18-55, I think that's worth the time.

Street price of $250USD for 18-55 combo sounds good.
Considering MSRP for the current 1300D at $550 and the street price at about $350 for the 18-55 combo the MSRP for the T100/4000D + 18-55 should be located at $450 or less. If MSRP is at $350, it would make the camera a very good deal indeed.

Upvote 0
Wikipedia also have something similar at the bottom of every article about EOS camera: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Canon_EOS_digital_cameras

ahsanford said:
This just in: That sweet chart Keith @ NorthLight made has delivered triplets.

Please welcome three beautiful new lines on a spreadsheet that will never stop growing. Mother is well.

- A

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
AvTvM said:
wow, so cheapo and so plastic, it cant even be called a mirrorslapper, but at best "mirrorflicker" ... "how low can you go" ... why not finally switch all those "kiss my arse Rebels" to mirrorless EOS M finally ?

because canon's world doesn't revolve around your opinion ;)

canon is running them side by side .. what gets into your shorts so much that it's the right way of doing it? versus eliminate the highly profitable rebel lineup just for giggles?

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
rrcphoto said:

canon is running them side by side .. what gets into your shorts so much that it's the right way of doing it? versus eliminate the highly profitable rebel lineup just for giggles?

100% agree. The only way to do it.

My (seemingly eternal) curiosity is understanding how/when Canon will finally stop updating SLRs and only offer mirrorless. This will be a gradual move, segment by segment, etc. but exactly how they'll do that is fascinating to me.

Will they just stop offering Rebels (long time from now) and folks use EOS M instead?

Will they literally just pull the mirrors out the Rebels and keep the EF-S mount so that folks with EF-S glass aren't left out in the cold?

- A

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
ahsanford said:
rrcphoto said:

My (seemingly eternal) curiosity is understanding how/when Canon will finally stop updating SLRs and only offer mirrorless. This will be a gradual move, segment by segment, etc. but exactly how they'll do that is fascinating to me.

Will they just stop offering Rebels (long time from now) and folks use EOS M instead?

Will they literally just pull the mirrors out the Rebels and keep the EF-S mount so that folks with EF-S glass aren't left out in the cold?

- A

The thing about the rebels, is that they “look like a real camera”, and that’s part of the marketing appeal to the general public. My suspicion is that there will be a mirrorless rebel at approximately the same form factor as now....

I am surprised that we don’t have a mirrorless rebel yet....... there really isn’t much of a difference from this camera to a mirrorless crop EF Mount camera, just make the case a different size and change the mount.....

Also, I am really curious as to the new file formats..... the last time I was so interested in a body release was when the 5D2 came out!

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
ahsanford said:
rrcphoto said:

IMO, i think they'll continue to create them until they stop selling.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
ahsanford said:
rrcphoto said:

- A

The customers will decide when they vote with their pocket book. Mirrorless cameras currently go for greatly elevated prices, but likely cost less to make. Canon could put out a morrorless with 18-55 for $250, but they are staying in the high profit area as long as they can.

Canon has been promoting robotic assembly of cameras, maybe the new low cost model is 100% robotically assembled.

Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Canon Rumors said:
Canon EOS Rebel T7 / EOS 2000D / KISS X90

Nokishita reports yet another name for this, the EOS 1500D. Interesting.

Canon EOS Rebel T100 / EOS Rebel 4000D / EOS 3000D in China / Unknown in Japan

So 4000D and 3000D are different names for the same thing. Maybe due to the Chinese superstition thing? But why not name it 3000D everywhere then? Wouldn't be surprised if this isn't offered in Japan at all.

Upvote 0
there is no reason to migrate the lower segments to M-Mound and there is no reason to not do it. Al Variants are already aavailable and deliver similar performance.

A entry level SLR with 18-55, a APSC mirrorless with similar lens or a G7x with smaller sensor and brighter lens give the same in a different form factor.

We do not know, what the 3 wariants cost for manufacturing, but fact is, the SLR is sold the cheapest, he others are sold with a premium as "chic" ore"higher end".

But the assumption, that all camera segments are unevitably moved to Mirrorless starting with the lower segments does not get more true by repeting it frequently. We just do not know what will be the future. But what is a fact, the smaller and lower end mirrorless cameras were replaced by smartphones with even smaller cameras, with not so bad performance. it seems that the customers were ready to sacrify the zoom for a small size, after years of increasing zoom ranges.

Some years ago, we would have predicted that the zoom ranges in compact cameras would further increase and that people would demand higher IQ in this segment. Now we know better. Soon we know, how the discussion SLR or mirrorles will come out. Maybe the rebels will be replaced by phones with more than 2 cameras, with 10 smartphone cameras simultanously working, a rebel quality combined pic should come out.

Upvote 0
ahsanford said:
This just in: That sweet chart Keith @ NorthLight made has delivered triplets.

Please welcome three beautiful new lines on a spreadsheet that will never stop growing. Mother is well.

- A
Indeed - I've been wondering how many new rows to add - I think at least one for the 4000 and maybe the M50 below the M5?

The tables like this one are the last remaining bits of hand coded HTML left from the old Northlght site before I rewrote it. I'm sure there are 'better' ways of doing it, but it keeps my html table building skills from fading ;-)

Upvote 0

mitchel

I grow old, I grow old
Mar 10, 2014
Ugh, another nice crop of buggy whips. Meanwhile, start ups like Arsenal are demonstrating where the future of photography is really headed. Unless Canon uses its (currently misguided) R&D capabilities to better leverage off of the computer/camera synergy to allow for in-camera multiple imaging / stacking / time-lapsing, etc., especially in RAW format, they will continue their march to irrelevance. Please, Canon, we already like your hardware; bring your image sensing/processing into the 21st century...

Upvote 0