I may have been wrong about the EOS R3 official announcement date

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
On Friday I posted that the Canon EOS R3 would be announced alongside the RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM on June 29, 2021. However, over the weekend I received contradicting information about the announcement date.
So that means there are 3 possibilities for the announcement. One, the announcement will take place tomorrow. Two, we’ll get more information about the camera but not the official announcement. Thirdly, we hear nothing at all.
I apologize for jumping the gun and not getting further confirmation of the information. I will obviously provide an update if I do get confirmed information.

Continue reading...

FrenchFry

Wildlife enthusiast!
Jun 14, 2020
Now Canon has a couple of extra days to figure out which supertelephoto lenses it will release with the R3. The 14-35mm never seemed like the most sports/action lens to showcase with the R3.
It also seemed weird that no date/time for the release was appearing on the Canon website.
Obviously I prefer for the release to be tomorrow, but I did have some doubts. Maybe this is the announcement of the announcement.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

emailfortom

Full time sports shooter
CR Pro
Mar 17, 2014
East Coast US
You can't be on the cutting edge, as you are here at CanonRumors, providing a platform for insight and thoughtful predictions/rumors of what we can expect to see in the marketplace... AND be spot on correct all the time. Its refreshing to see you're human. Happy shooting!

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Maybe a delay means Canon is reconsidering 30 MP. My R5 and 5DS really have me appreciating 45-50 MP and the R5 has me appreciating lots of speedy pixels even more. Yeah, I know, thousands of 30 MP sensors have probably already been run off as have an equal number of Digics, but one can dream.
The MP count was set in silicon a long time ago. They’re not going to reconsider it.

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0