New Large Sensor PowerShot Rumor [CR3]

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Jul 21, 2010
CanNotYet said:
[quote author=PicaPica]
so if they would fit a sony 1" sensor in a canon camera and offer it for a decent price i would buy it immediately.
Yes, this my first suspicion. And if that would happen, I would get it too. Canon color scheme and ergonomics, and Sony sensor, yes please.
[/quote]

+1

I've been quite tempted by the RX100 series, the menus and controls are typical Sony. I used a PowerShot S95/100, switched to the EOS M for better IQ but I miss true pocket-ability sometimes.

ritholtz

EOS RP
Mar 25, 2014
Re: New Large Sensor PowerShot Rumor [CR2]

What is the diagonal size of crop and ff sensor? Is 1" refer to diagonal size. Based on 1" sensor measurement, diagonal size is 15 mm not 25 mm.

powershot2012

EOS RP
Aug 3, 2012
Any specs as of yet?

Canon Rumors said:
<div style="float: right; margin:0 0 76px 0px;"><a href="https://twitter.com/share" class="twitter-share-button" data-count="vertical" data-url="http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/08/new-large-sensor-powershot-rumor-cr2/">Tweet</a></div>
<p>We’re told by a very good source that Canon will announce a new PowerShot camera with a 1″ sensor. The camera will be nearly as compact as the S series camera and is intended to compete with Sony’s RX100.</p>
<p>No specs were given.</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Jul 12, 2013
As important to me as specs are...what matters more is the responsiveness of this rumored large-sensor PowerShot.

My first DSLR was a Rebel XT (it still works and is itself quite small). Put the responsiveness of this...what...ten year old body...into a truly pocketable mirrorless?

I'm there.

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Canon Rumors said:
... that Canon will announce a new PowerShot camera with a 1″ sensor. The camera will be nearly as compact as the S ...
It this is true and if it comes with a decent lens at a decent price point I would be very tempted to get one.
I am looking for a new compact for a long time but never was pleased enough to pull the trigger.

If it only had an OVF, but that seems to be impossible at PowerShot S size...

U

ULFULFSEN

50:50 chance the rumor is wrong and it´s a 2/3 inch sensor.

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
ULFULFSEN said:
50:50 chance the rumor is wrong ...
I think, this is always true with rumors.
It's just the difference between a rumor and a press release...

But it's also true that people like speculating on a rumors forum, isn't it?

<-- start Taboola -->