New Large Sensor PowerShot Rumor [CR3]

Jul 21, 2010
CanNotYet said:
[quote author=PicaPica]
so if they would fit a sony 1" sensor in a canon camera and offer it for a decent price i would buy it immediately.
Yes, this my first suspicion. And if that would happen, I would get it too. Canon color scheme and ergonomics, and Sony sensor, yes please.
[/quote]

+1

I've been quite tempted by the RX100 series, the menus and controls are typical Sony. I used a PowerShot S95/100, switched to the EOS M for better IQ but I miss true pocket-ability sometimes.

Upvote 0
Any specs as of yet?

Canon Rumors said:
<div style="float: right; margin:0 0 76px 0px;"><a href="https://twitter.com/share" class="twitter-share-button" data-count="vertical" data-url="http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/08/new-large-sensor-powershot-rumor-cr2/">Tweet</a></div>
<p>We’re told by a very good source that Canon will announce a new PowerShot camera with a 1″ sensor. The camera will be nearly as compact as the S series camera and is intended to compete with Sony’s RX100.</p>
<p>No specs were given.</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Upvote 0

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
As important to me as specs are...what matters more is the responsiveness of this rumored large-sensor PowerShot.

My first DSLR was a Rebel XT (it still works and is itself quite small). Put the responsiveness of this...what...ten year old body...into a truly pocketable mirrorless?

I'm there.

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Canon Rumors said:
... that Canon will announce a new PowerShot camera with a 1″ sensor. The camera will be nearly as compact as the S ...
It this is true and if it comes with a decent lens at a decent price point I would be very tempted to get one.
I am looking for a new compact for a long time but never was pleased enough to pull the trigger.

If it only had an OVF, but that seems to be impossible at PowerShot S size...

Upvote 0