Post Your Best Landscapes

Upvote 0
LoneRider said:
ions said:

Absolutely amazing spot on this planet. I was there in the summer of 2010. I had no idea of the significance of the rest stop when I pulled over to grab a drink. About to leave, and wound up talking to another motorcyclist, and then the train came by.

Great shot of the train there. Bet you're glad you got talking to the motorcyclist!

Upvote 0
To Ronak1003

I was in France 3 years ago and i passed the Millau Viaduct as well. I stayed in the little township underneath/nearby the bridge when - after dinner - the bridge got covered more and more by clounds. I just had to take my camera and got to the same point of view like you. These were the last pictures taken with my old 7D and the 10-22 mm lens. Heavy wind knocked over my tripod. Camera and lens have fallen 6 feet down on solid rock. The impact was so hard, i wasn't able to unscrew the 7D from the tripod without tools. While the 7D survived with some minor scratches, the 10-22 mm broke into 2 pieces. I only owed it for 2 months and it was brand new (and no insurance...).

:(

Attachments

• pondumillau.jpg
    pondumillau.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 196
Upvote 0

cayenne

Canon Rumors Premium
Mar 28, 2012
snowleo said:
To Ronak1003

I was in France 3 years ago and i passed the Millau Viaduct as well. I stayed in the little township underneath/nearby the bridge when - after dinner - the bridge got covered more and more by clounds. I just had to take my camera and got to the same point of view like you. These were the last pictures taken with my old 7D and the 10-22 mm lens. Heavy wind knocked over my tripod. Camera and lens have fallen 6 feet down on solid rock. The impact was so hard, i wasn't able to unscrew the 7D from the tripod without tools. While the 7D survived with some minor scratches, the 10-22 mm broke into 2 pieces. I only owed it for 2 months and it was brand new (and no insurance...).

Wow!! Just.....wow!!

That is VERY nice!! Thanks for sharing!!

cayenne

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

Canon Rumors Premium
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi snowleo.
Sorry to hear about your camera / lens catastrophe, but I think it was worth it for this shot. I think you could sell this image and make some money towards a replacement lens.
I recently acquired a 10-22, I love it, I knew I would as I had rented one some years ago.

Cheers, Graham.

snowleo said:
To Ronak1003

Upvote 0
This is Bonsai Rock, Lake Tahoe, USA. Shot taken with a Canon 7D and a 10-2xmm Sigma UWA

MG-7381,xlarge.1458468159.jpg

Upvote 0
To Snowleo

WOW!!

That is a spectacular shot & a never before seen perspective on that oh-so-often-photographed bridge. Sad to hear about the lens though. You know somewhere I had captioned my shot of Millau as "Bridging Skies." Your shot gives it a whole new dimension on how the lights are reflected in the moisture in the clouds and kinda shaping them in the image of the bridge. I'm floored by the shot. Great job. :)

snowleo said:
To Ronak1003

Upvote 0