Pricing & More Information About the EOS 6D Mark II [CR3]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>A few more bits of information about the EOS 6D Mark II have come to us, and further confirmation of what we have already told you.</p>
<p>We have confirmed that all 45 AF points will be cross-type, as well as the camera having a single SD card slot and body only pricing of $1999 in the US. Pricing for the EOS 6D Mark II is $100 less than the launch price of the original EOS 6D.</p>
<p><strong>Canon EOS 6D Mark II Specifications:</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>26mp CMOS Sensor</li>
<li>DPAF</li>
<li>DIGIC 7</li>
<li>1080P 60p (sadly, no 4K)</li>
<li>45pt AF all cross-type</li>
<li>Single SD card slot</li>
<li>Wi-Fi</li>
<li>Bluetooth</li>
<li>NFC</li>
<li>3″ Vari-Angle LCD</li>
<li>Touchscreen</li>
<li>Approx 100% viewfinder</li>
<li>HDR Movie</li>
<li>Time Lapse Movie</li>
<li>A slightly taller and deeper body over the current EOS 6D.</li>
<li>New battery grip BG-E21</li>
<li>Announcement on June 29, 2017, Shipping in early August</li>
<li>Price: $1999 body only USD</li>
</ul>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>
<div style="font-size:0px;height:0px;line-height:0px;margin:0;padding:0;clear:both"></div>

Re: Pricing & More Information About the EOS 6D Mark II [CR3]

Whelp... Looks like I made the right decision in going with the Nikon D750 (with lens for the same price as this body). One card slot on a $2k camera is a deal killer for me. :eek:

I was really hoping they wouldn't do this so I could keep using my Canon lenses on a rig with DPAF and a tilty screen.

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2015

We have to see the actual performance and up to what aperture the points remain cross type, but 45 cross type AF points sounds better than the 41 cross type of the 5D4 (only 21 points for lenses slower than f/4).
With the 5D4 I'm a bit disappointed by the measly horizontal spread of the 21 cross type AF points with the 100-400.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017

midluk said:
We have to see the actual performance and up to what aperture the points remain cross type, but 45 cross type AF points sounds better than the 41 cross type of the 5D4 (only 21 points for lenses slower than f/4).
With for the 5D4 I'm a bit disappointed by the measly horizontal spread of the 21 cross type AF points with the 100-400.
midluk said:
With for the 5D4 I'm a bit disappointed by the measly horizontal spread of the 21 cross type AF points with the 100-400.

Looks like the AF specs are same as 80D. If so, 27 points are F8. Not bad.

Upvote 0

Sounds great.

I expect this camera to be in the £2200 mark in the UK, doing the conversion, with VAT works out at about £1900, but we always seem to get charged more. The pound is quite weak, so that won't help either.

If its over £2000 grand on release (unless it's like 2049 or something silly) I will wait for the first price drop, but as Summer has well and truly started, I can't wait to get out with a new body :)

Alan.

Upvote 0

Hornet

Canon 6D, Sony A7Rmk2
Jun 17, 2017
Vernon, BC

I'm surprised to see any manufacturer in 2017 not adding 4K, especially at this price point. I guess all of the energy, vision, and innovation is with the competitors these days, with the exception of Nikon. I don't see anything here that's the slightest bit exciting and that would cause me to upgrade from my existing 6D.

Upvote 0

goldenhusky

CR Pro
Dec 2, 2016

Sounds like a decent camera for the price. Hope they do not skip the GPS. I guess there is one down side to the cellphone based GPS data like in the M6, it is impossible to get the GPS data while hiking a trail without any cell phone signals. Somebody correct me if I am wrong here. I know that phone have dedicated GPS receiver but to get the location they need to download the map with needs data connection. I hope the SD card slot is UHS-ll. The other items I had hoped for in the past were dual card slots and 4k@30p, 1080@ 180fps. Sounds like none of those are happening. My thought is that all these specs are still speculations. Lately it almost sounds like nobody gets specs unless nok____ta leaks the actual specs a day to a week prior to launch. If these are in fact the actual specs I do not see a point in getting this while I have a 5D4 and 80D. I am really happy with that combo. And for Video I have Sony a 6500. I will definitely buy 6D2 if it has 1080p@180fps and 4k and canon charges a $500 extra. I can get rid of the Sony system completely

Upvote 0

Hornet said:
I'm surprised to see any manufacturer in 2017 not adding 4K, especially at this price point. I guess all of the energy, vision, and innovation is with the competitors these days, with the exception of Nikon. I don't see anything here that's the slightest bit exciting and that would cause me to upgrade from my existing 6D.

The equivalently price Sony and Nikon bodies do not offer UHD, so why would the Canon?

Upvote 0

Holy crap are you kidding me? I haven't been following Canon, but dang, that's fracking horrible. The D750 with the 24-120 F4, 51-pt AF, same or better DR/ISO, from 2014 is $2k. At what point does Canon start competing with Sony, Nikon, Fuji, etc. and stop competing with themselves?

Upvote 0

Hornet

Canon 6D, Sony A7Rmk2
Jun 17, 2017
Vernon, BC

wildwalker said:
Hornet said:

The equivalently price Sony and Nikon bodies do not offer UHD, so why would the Canon?

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011

siegsAR said:
Price 100 less, but it is actually much more expensive than the Mk1 on release date - dollar power in play.

Can you tells how you determined that?

In 2013 dollars, the 2017 $2000 cost is $1902 versus the 2013 cost for a 6D of $2100

In 2013 Yen, the current dollar equivalent in yen (22170) is 212,437 versus the 2013 yen cost for a 6D of 220,000

No matter how you calculate in, the price is currency is ~$200 less than in 2013.

Upvote 0

Hornet

Canon 6D, Sony A7Rmk2
Jun 17, 2017
Vernon, BC

wildwalker said:
Hornet said:

I'm not sure what would be a Sony equivalent other than maybe the 4-year old A7R with much, much better image quality. Nikon is probably the least innovative camera maker today so not much of an example for Canon to follow.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010

shutterlag said:
Holy crap are you kidding me? I haven't been following Canon, but dang, that's fracking horrible. The D750 with the 24-120 F4, 51-pt AF, same or better DR/ISO, from 2014 is $2k. At what point does Canon start competing with Sony, Nikon, Fuji, etc. and stop competing with themselves?

Perhaps when (if) Sony, Nikon, Fuji, etc., gain sufficient market share to require it?

Meanwhile, if the D750 meets your needs, you should buy one.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017

Hornet said:
wildwalker said:
Hornet said:

I'm not sure what would be a Sony equivalent other than maybe the 4-year old A7R with much, much better image quality. Nikon is probably the least innovative camera maker today so not much of an example for Canon to follow.

ok There is no equivalent price FF Sony. Therefore Sony does not offer an equivalent price FF Sony with UHD. Nikon does not offer an equivalent price camera with UHD. No other manufacturers offer FF cameras with UHD. So why are you surprised that Canon is not offering UHD on the 6DII?

Upvote 0