ReImagine: Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 live stream announced

Jan 29, 2011
What? No love for some Jarred Polin in there too? Where's he at?

;)
Oh I like Jarred, I even have the shirts to prove it! But I like him as a personality for all his flaws, he freely admits to being better suited to a newer camera user base. I do find some of his real world reviews very good because he does actually use cameras for their intended purpose, and he doesn’t bow down to any manufacturer and freely swaps between the big three.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Starting out EOS R

EOS R5 - RF24-105mm F4L, RF70-200mm f2.8L
Feb 13, 2020
You can register for this event ... HERE.

This is exactly what is written on the german website. Nothing else. No further product list (like you wrote), nor is the link to register working.

But you finaly hit the date! Excellent job, like usual! Thank you. :cool:

Ralph
The Canon website landing page has this as its banner and also shows the equipment list. I registered my interest on the UK site and they have e-mailed me today with the details.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
I'm excited! Announcements like this don't come around very often. Have been saving my pennies for an R5 for several months now. Hope to have enough by next year...

Question: The Canon USA announcement says 8AM EST (as in, Standard time). Should it read 8AM EDT (Daylight Time)?

As far as I know, Hawaii and Arizona are the only states that don't observe Daylight Savings Time, and all of Canada observes it, I think. Does this mean they made an error and meant 8AM Eastern Daylight Time, or did they leave it as Standard Time for the rest of the world that doesn't observe Daylight Savings Time? Given that other continents seem to have their own announcements, it would be odd to use Standard Time for the USA announcement.

So now I'm left wondering, here in Utah, if I should be ready at 5AM or 6AM Mountain Daylight Time. I think I'll just sleep through it, watch the recording and binge on NDA-expired reviews on YouTube. :)

It appears as though 90% of Americans don't realize what the S stands for and will happily continue to use it during Daylight Saving time months. Or if they think about it, they do realize it means "standard" but imagine "standard" is just "what everyone in the time zone is using as their standard today" (I.e., that it means "non daylight saving time")

I suggest to people who don't want to have to update their business hours on their websites every time the clock is reset, to just use "ET," "CT," etc. That doesn't help the folks in Arizona, for whom "MT" means, effectively, "PT" more than half of the year; they really should spell out "Mountain Standard Time."

(Note for Europeans who might be scratching their heads: Apparently on your continent the "S" stands for "Summer" (what we Yanks call "Daylight"), so it actually has the opposite meaning here than it does for you. So CEST is summer time, CET is winter time in Central Europe, here EDT is summer time, EST is winter time on our east coast.)

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Canon is slow like it's 1975. And now Sony announces specs for the next product that makes R5 look so pale... OMG. Does Canon even care anymore?
It was bound to happen, Canon makes an announcement and Sony swoops in to try and steal some thunder. The A7s III to be announced in Mid-July? C'mon that's not a coincidence. Canon weather resistance is what is keeping me on their ship. The R5 doesn't appear to be lacking in that.

Upvote 0
It was bound to happen, Canon makes an announcement and Sony swoops in to try and steal some thunder. The A7s III to be announced in Mid-July? C'mon that's not a coincidence. Canon weather resistance is what is keeping me on their ship. The R5 doesn't appear to be lacking in that.

I like this type of exchange because the customer ultimately benefits. Reminds me of the Nikon and Canon leapfrogging back in the days. Sony's been complacent of late in their last round of releases, and it looks like a new fight is on our hands. Watching camera companies compete as rivals and the fallout from its fervent supporters is going to be at least some entertainment against the backdrop of a cancelled 2020 summer anyhow..

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
The Canon website landing page has this as its banner and also shows the equipment list. I registered my interest on the UK site and they have e-mailed me today with the details.

What a shame. Registering does not seem to work with Firefox. It needed a couple of time using EDGE as a browser. Still waiting for the details.

Upvote 0