Beautiful series, cooldood.
a025.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Warmest day of the year so far. The birds were out in force serenading me in my garden: a Song Thrush; Robin; Chiffchaff; Greenfinch; Blackcap; Blue Tit; Great Tit; and the only one I had a good view of - a Blackbird on top of the highest tree. He is a regular and likes being on full view - a perfect target for the RF800/11 on the R7 in the late evening sun.

3R3A8749-DxO_blackbird_on_tree-ls-Sm.jpg

Reactions: 10 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I don't know why it's a Waxbill - it looks like it has more wax on the red patch around the eye (and I don't know what a makeup they do use:)) in this case I reduced the saturation of the red and it didn't help - seems like it's in the texture of the feathers, not overwhelmed red channel! There was a fight for that branch and I took photos of 4-5 birds siting there, these two (different!) are the best of the "models".

The Yellow-faced Canary: Hot day and I like the plumb shaped resting birds (adding to the cuteness?). In that time it was already overcast with increasing humidity and very hot. For the feeding birds - no change, they look as slim as they are. And yes - I wish the resting bird was sitting on a branch, not that rusty peace of human-made net! At that light this bird is showing it's very best colors!

The House Finch is just a House Finch...

DSC_8290_DxO.jpgDSC_8293_DxO.jpgDSC_8398_DxO.jpgDSC_8417_DxO.jpgDSC_8489_DxO.jpgDSC_8515_DxO.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I don't know why it's a Waxbill - it looks like it has more wax on the red patch around the eye (and I don't know what a makeup they do use:)) in this case I reduced the saturation of the red and it didn't help - seems like it's in the texture of the feathers, not overwhelmed red channel! There was a fight for that branch and I took photos of 4-5 birds siting there, these two (different!) are the best of the "models".

The Yellow-faced Canary: Hot day and I like the plumb shaped resting birds (adding to the cuteness?). In that time it was already overcast with increasing humidity and very hot. For the feeding birds - no change, they look as slim as they are. And yes - I wish the resting bird was sitting on a branch, not that rusty peace of human-made net! At that light this bird is showing it's very best colors!

View attachment 209364View attachment 209365View attachment 209366View attachment 209367View attachment 209368View attachment 209369
Nice shots!

Upvote 0
Thanks Alan! With these common birds I had to do my best to get something to save in my folders :)!

They maybe common birds to you but they are definitely new to me and they are nice shots.
Your Waxbill has a few similarities to our Red-browed Finch that I posted here last month (hopefully the link works). However I have to say our Finch is a bit more delicate with the application of the red makeup :)

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada

Another beautiful series, ISv.
a025.gif

Upvote 0

AlanF

CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Mandarin Ducks are a real rarity in the wild in the UK, although there are some with clipped wings in parks. So, it was an unexpected treat to see a pair yesterday. I had the the 2xTC on the 100-500 - it would be a boon to be able to have a 1x and 2xTC as I change often several times in a day. Though, to be honest, upscaling 2x with Topaz isn't a bad substitute as the bare lens is so sharp and doubling up with a TC does have its downsides.

309A7417-DxO_manadarin_duck_aut.jpg309A7323-DxO_female_manadarin_duck.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
They maybe common birds to you but they are definitely new to me and they are nice shots.
Your Waxbill has a few similarities to our Red-browed Finch that I posted here last month (hopefully the link works). However I have to say our Finch is a bit more delicate with the application of the red makeup :)

The similarities are little bit more than few - I mean they are from the same family (but different genera and not very close genealogically!). In Australia you have much more Estrildid Finches (not actually close to the real finches) and I would be happy to see more of them.

Upvote 0