Jul 29, 2012
Canada
loool.gif

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Great action today on the Peregrine watching front. The team was waiting in the street, mobbed by tourists, as they expected it was time for the chicks to start jumping or falling, and they would need to be rescued before being squashed by the passing buses and cars. And, this morning one jumped or perhaps just slipped. It wheeled towards us and landed on the pavement where it was grabbed by two of the volunteers, who took it up to the very top of the building. Later, it flew from there to a neighbouring building. Success!

309A8648-DxO_peregrine_gesticulating.jpgRescued_peregrine_IMG_3984.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Great action today on the Peregrine watching front. The team was waiting in the street, mobbed by tourists, as they expected it was time for the chicks to start jumping or falling, and they would need to be rescued before being squashed by the passing buses and cars. And, this morning one jumped or perhaps just slipped. It wheeled towards us and landed on the pavement where it was grabbed by two of the volunteers, who took it up to the very top of the building. Later, it flew from there to a neighbouring building. Success!

View attachment 209450View attachment 209451
I hadn't realised it but the iPhone was set to Portrait mode, and it really nicely blurred the background.

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
The very commons today... I love to take a photos of birds among the fallen flowers of Sausage Tree (Cucumber Tree = ambiguous, Kigelia africana) but this was at noon and the flowers where not looking good already. Also, the bird is about the same size as the flowers and I couldn't get them in the same focus plane (or nearly the same:( ). Otherwise the fallen flowers of this tree are doing interesting background. Entering below that tree always look above - if the fruit is not trimmed you go UNDER your own risk - the fruit could weight up to 7kg!

Edited: according to Wikipedia up to 10 kg?! At least on Hawaii I don't think I have seen that big... It means you should feel free to go underneath the tree if you don't mind 7kg falling on your head:LOL: !

DSC_8577_DxO.jpgDSC_8580_DxO.jpgDSC_8643_DxO.jpgDSC_8656_DxO.jpgDSC_8668_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Upvote 0