SIGMA announces the “SIGMA fp”, the world’s smallest and lightest mirrorless digital camera* with a full-frame image sensor

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Press Release:
SIGMA Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of “SIGMA fp,” the world’s smallest and lightest full-frame mirrorless digital camera*. The SIGMA fp incorporates a 35mm full-frame Bayer sensor with 24.6 effective megapixels in a compact body, and boasts great versatility and scalability that allows mixing-and-matching of a variety of interchangeable lenses and accessories. It is a camera that is casual enough to take anywhere, anytime, and high-spec enough for serious still and cine shooting in the highest image quality, all in a robust and classy body.

Regardless of the differences in shooting scenes and styles or genre boundaries between stills and videos, this new camera is set to expand the freedom and possibilities in image shooting and art creation further than ever before. A “pocketable full-frame” camera: SIGMA fp, is now available.
*As of July, 2019.
SIGMA’s take on an entirely new system camera. The world’s smallest and lightest “pocketable full-frame”...

Continue reading...

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
WOW! This looks incredible great for travel! Thats what I hate about my Canon 5d -> its realy big and bulky for a full day of hiking. A sony a6400 would be a nice option, but I like the fullframe...
This camera looks like its perfectly tailored for hiking! =)
Provided you don't need a viewfinder.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Love the form factor, only slightly bigger than G5X II. Close to what I want, but just like Sony RX1-R II still not really right.

I'd be seriously interested IF
  1. it had a good pop-up EVF built in
  2. and suitably compact and affordable L-mount lenses were available, some moderately fast "pancake" primes and f/4 zooms

Also "more than nice to have" would be
  • hotshoe (without need for an entire add-on module) - in lieu of "cine/stills" switch and red record video button
  • Canon DPAF with Eye Tracking
  • Canon UI
  • Sony sensor

:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
If I've learned anything from the Sony fanbois it's that all you need is a body that has a sensor with good DR. Lenses don't matter.
There’s an easy solution, and I’m sure it won’t be long until there’s one available for the L-mount:

ue06770.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0