WOW First 5D Mark 3 Video D800 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RyanVGTA

Well I have to say I have been a long time Nikon Lover (still am) but after playing with the D800 for 3 weeks we sold it and bought the 5D Mark 3...

Now this was primarily based on low light which in real estate is huge. But the video out of this camera really speaks for itself. What a fun camera to play with.

Check out our new Teaser Film!

www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=sSW9Fl1RnSI&hd=1

Ryan

R

RyanVGTA

For real estate shooting with available light is the name of the game... we can cheat with speed lights for photos but when it comes to video... The D800 doesn't even compare. There are so many dark areas in a home, on the D800 noise covers the dark areas... The 5D Mark III Does a fantastic job. The above teaser admittedly was shot in day light (shoot time was bumped up) but the low light work that we have done... the D800 doesn't compare.

That said the D800 does have more range, but it seemed as though it was just brightening the dark areas to deal with the noise... problem is that sometime we want deep darks in our video.

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
RyanVGTA said:
For real estate shooting with available light is the name of the game... we can cheat with speed lights for photos but when it comes to video... The D800 doesn't even compare. There are so many dark areas in a home, on the D800 noise covers the dark areas... The 5D Mark III Does a fantastic job. The above teaser admittedly was shot in day light (shoot time was bumped up) but the low light work that we have done... the D800 doesn't compare.

That said the D800 does have more range, but it seemed as though it was just brightening the dark areas to deal with the noise... problem is that sometime we want deep darks in our video.

Ah, video, of course. That I can totally understand..

Upvote 0
xamkrah said:
1337539296734.png

What has this world come to?
HAHA!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.