There are still surprises in store for the Canon EOS R5 announcement [CR2]

Would love to see a bigger buffer to go with the 10 fps shooting....doesn't need to be 1D matching, but it would be nice to be able to do a few 5-10 shot bursts over a few seconds....that would be a big bonus from the 5D series that I have owned. Everything else about this camera already makes me as excited as I was when I was first hoping to buy the 5DII. Should be every bit as good for stills as the Sony A7RIV that I'm using now but will give my 500f/4 a new life and the video spec will be an added bonus.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Does no one else find it odd that Canon themselves have said nothing about this so called upcoming release event? I don't know anything about Canon's press release history, but I would think with only 8 days to go that they would have already started the hype machine and provided some kind of countdown to the press release. According to their calendar, July looks like a very quiet month: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/newsroom/events/#calendar

Guess the event is official
https://www.canon.co.uk/pro/events/reimagine-live-event/
09.07.2020 – 14:00 CEST

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
So because all manufacturers are close, that means there can be no gains? You can say there don’t need to be any gains, I would get that.
No, the point was all manufacturers are so close in high iso because current technology is limited by laws of physics. Until there is a substantial change in technology, a revolutionary change that hasn’t been demoed or patented anywhere, or the laws of physics are negated there is practically little improvement to be had at high iso.

Demanding a stop or two of improved high iso performance is akin to wanting your next family car to go 1,000 mph, yes there might be a car or two that can go that fast but you wouldn’t want to pay for it and even if you did it isn’t practical.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0