Here are the Canon BG-R10 Battery Grip, Canon WFT-R10 Wifi Grip & LP-E6NH Battery

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon is releasing two new grips for the Canon EOS R5 and likely the Canon EOS R6, but I cannot confirm the compatibility of these two grips.
The new LP-E6NH keeps the same Canon shape you’re used to, as well as compatibility with older batteries. The new battery is said to have a big bump in capacity.

BG-R10-1-168x168.jpg

Canon BG-R10

BG-R10-2-168x168.jpg

Canon BG-R10

WFT-R10-1-168x168.jpg

Canon WFT-R10

WFT-R10-2-168x168.jpg

Canon WFT-R10

LP-E6NH-168x168.jpg

Canon LP-E6NH

Continue reading...

Last edited:

joestopper

Rrr...
Feb 4, 2020

"battery is said to have a big bump in capacity"
Q: What new technology developements would allow for a "big bump"? After all, form factor is identical. Iam sceptical about this ...
But even if there is a decent "bump", the capacity is needed for the biggersensor, IBIS, high computing power. It remains to be seen if cipa rating increases at all.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

herein2020

Run | Gun Shooter
Mar 13, 2020
It is like I almost cannot believe that Canon would have the same grip for two different camera bodies. o_O
Can it be true they are thinking about synergy effects over milking the market...? :unsure:

I think their master plan is to reel us in with fantastic camera bodies then get everyone with the lens prices. The bad news for our wallets.... it is working.

I do think making the same grip for two bodies makes sense, I would think most people with two bodies would get grips for both of them. I even have a grip for my Canon Rebel so that it does not die in the middle of a time lapse sequence. The only place they might lose a little money is if someone had an R6 and sold it for an R5 but did not need to buy a new grip.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

herein2020

Run | Gun Shooter
Mar 13, 2020
"battery is said to have a big bump in capacity"
Q: What new technology developements would allow for a "big bump"? After all, form factor is identical. Iam sceptical about this ...
But even if there is a decent "bump", the capacity is needed for the biggersensor, IBIS, high computing power. It remains to be seen if cipa rating increases at all.

The LP-E6NH is 2130mAh vs the LP-E6N which is 1865mAh so the real question is if you consider 265mAH "big" or not. Personally I do not, now if we were talking double the capacity that would be something of interest.

Upvote 0

joestopper

Rrr...
Feb 4, 2020
The LP-E6NH is 2130mAh vs the LP-E6N which is 1865mAh so the real question is if you consider 265mAH "big" or not. Personally I do not, now if we were talking double the capacity that would be something of interest.

Thanks for providing the numbers. That is roughly 15% and a minor increase. This will be eaten up by all the additional features.
Anyway, I dont mind. Always carry at least one spare with me.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
AFAI can recall the capacity of the old LP-E6/LP-E6N hasn't changed thoughout the last ... how many years?
Google tells me here
LP-E6: 1.800 mAh, released 20??
LP-E6N: 1.865 mAh, released 2014

So this means we're talking about surely 10 years + X old battery technology.
With all the smart phones, earpods as well as e-mobility, could there be a little bit of new R&D tech developed thoughout that time...? :unsure:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Thanks for sharing. Where did you get that numbers? Couldn't find them myself.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

herein2020

Run | Gun Shooter
Mar 13, 2020
Thanks for providing the numbers. That is roughly 15% and a minor increase. This will be eaten up by all the additional features.
Anyway, I dont mind. Always carry at least one spare with me.

That's another thing I love about my GH5 almost 2hrs of battery life shooting 4K. Especially for gimbal work since most cages will not accommodate a battery grip, it will be interesting to see what the R5 and R6 can pull off, hopefully they provide an option to turn off the EVF like the GH5 does. If you turn off the EVF, WiFi, Bluetooth, dim the screen, and use MF whenever possible you can greatly prolong battery life when shooting video. I even turn off IBIS when using a tripod which also helps battery life.

Thanks for sharing. Where did you get that numbers? Couldn't find them myself.

LP-E6N: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1081825-REG/canon_9486b002_lp_e6n_battery_f_7d_mark.html

LP-E6NH: https://www.canonwatch.com/another-unreleased-canon-camera-shows-up-at-certification-authority/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joestopper

Rrr...
Feb 4, 2020
Another question will be: How much will my wallet be drained by this gripn and the batteries?

Thats a good one, too. I use my grip on the
That's another thing I love about my GH5 almost 2hrs of battery life shooting 4K. Especially for gimbal work since most cages will not accommodate a battery grip, it will be interesting to see what the R5 and R6 can pull off, hopefully they provide an option to turn off the EVF like the GH5 does. If you turn off the EVF, WiFi, Bluetooth, dim the screen, and use MF whenever possible you can greatly prolong battery life when shooting video.

LP-E6N: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1081825-REG/canon_9486b002_lp_e6n_battery_f_7d_mark.html

LP-E6NH: https://www.canonwatch.com/another-unreleased-canon-camera-shows-up-at-certification-authority/

Turning off EVF etc: That would be good.
Even better: Smart power management learning user profile and then turning off features automatically (can be disabled)
That will provide more remaining energy than the new battery can ...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

sobrien

CR Pro
Apr 26, 2020
It is like I almost cannot believe that Canon would have the same grip for two different camera bodies. o_O
Can it be true they are thinking about synergy effects over milking the market...? :unsure:

No, it is Canon’s way of saying: “You don’t have to chose between the R5 and R6...just buy both!”

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
AFAI can recall the capacity of the old LP-E6/LP-E6N hasn't changed thoughout the last ... how many years?
Google tells me here
LP-E6: 1.800 mAh, released 20??
LP-E6N: 1.865 mAh, released 2014

So this means we're talking about surely 10 years + X old battery technology.
With all the smart phones, earpods as well as e-mobility, could there be a little bit of new R&D tech developed thoughout that time...? :unsure:

Battery technology is unfortunately not known for improving in leaps and bounds. Otherwise electric cars would be much more commonplace by now…

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0