I may have been wrong about the EOS R3 official announcement date

GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DXMKII
Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
en.wikipedia.org
Haha. No worries. My R5 is still rocking’ for me. I’m honestly waiting for the “R1”; currently work has an R5 and 1Dxiii that are more than enough for promo production while I also rock my personal R5 for my own project outside of work.
Glad to see someone else is waiting for the R1. We wait.........

Upvote 0

Chig

Birds in Flight Nutter
Jul 26, 2020
Orewa , New Zealand
Maybe a delay means Canon is reconsidering 30 MP. My R5 and 5DS really have me appreciating 45-50 MP and the R5 has me appreciating lots of speedy pixels even more. Yeah, I know, thousands of 30 MP sensors have probably already been run off as have an equal number of Digics, but one can dream.
I don't think the 30mp is official anyway it's only a rumoured spec.
However I doubt that the R3 will have higher than 30mp as it's very much a professional sports camera and high resolution is not beneficial for this

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
just get the r5 for more MP. i dont see why people need another high mp camera like the R5 is trash. Of course we want a camera to doit all but right now that isnt realistic. iam fine with a lil less mp with better low light and af.
Ermm stacked sensor for a start is alone why! Yeah R5 is rubbish in low light like the A1.

• Haha
Upvote 0
Ermm stacked sensor for a start is alone why! Yeah R5 is rubbish in low light like the A1.
Can't tell if it is sarcasm or a serious comment, so apologies if I'm misunderstanding your intention but, rubbish? It could be that you're too young to have experienced what real rubbish is, I'm talking almost unusable ISO 800 and cameras topping at ISO 6400 . No current camera is bad in low light, we just have lost perspective of how much technology has evolved in the last 10 years and pretty much expect night vision with 15+ steps of DR. Anyone that complains about current noise levels or camera specs, I'm happy to lend them my beaten Nikon D300 or even better, the D80 with a CCD instead of CMOS. Anything above ISO800 the noise/signal ratio is just noise/noise.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I guess all modern cameras are rubbish in your eyes then. Nothing wrong with that, but I doubt you'll find many people who agree.

In case you actually are making a comment about high MP cameras having poor low light performance here, you actually are wrong. If you properly compare them, that is:

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2011
I guess all modern cameras are rubbish in your eyes then. Nothing wrong with that, but I doubt you'll find many people who agree.
Well, people that find the results of smartphone computational photography acceptable may agree.

Stacked sensor allows for fast electronic shutter. Fast electronic shutter allows for efficient gathering of light during multiple exposures and combining those multiple exposures by algorithms that are aware of the optical flow.

Upvote 0
Had Sony faked out. They announced a firmware release for late tonight..Hopefully to fix the A1 EVF blackout issue and other fixes, before opening ceremonies. If they can fix that one at all.
The ibis delay was fixed for me, as for the EVF blackout it's too early for me to headout, but folks in FB groups have reported it resolved as well.

Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Well, people that find the results of smartphone computational photography acceptable may agree.

Stacked sensor allows for fast electronic shutter. Fast electronic shutter allows for efficient gathering of light during multiple exposures and combining those multiple exposures by algorithms that are aware of the optical flow.
I'm sorry, I don't understand how your response fits to my post. I was commenting on the notion that the R5 is rubbish in terms of low light performance.

Upvote 0

roby17269

R5, H5X + IQ1-80, DJI Mini & Mavic 3 Pro, GoPro 10
Feb 26, 2014
New York
rdmfashionphoto.com
Awwww

I am not in the market for the R3 - 3 reasons: a) the R5 does well for my use cases and b) I am not going backwards with resolution, period... and, most importantly, c) I have scant resources (money) left for photography and they are all tied up in upcoming lenses

But as many I was very curious about the new beast, even if to just get a peek in Canon's future. So here's to hoping the official announcement comes soon regardless.

Happy in any case that Canon is showing so much vitality in the RF space! :love:

Upvote 0

emailfortom

Full time sports shooter
CR Pro
Mar 17, 2014
East Coast US
The megapixels of the sensor was baked in from the get go. There is no possible way that could be changed now. All the speed of circuitry and the processing is based on how much data is coming down the pipe from the sensor. Putting a bigger senor in at the last minute would be like trying to fly a four person Cessna with 8 people in it.
UpstateNYPhotog... I agree with your Cessna analogy with a one addition... "a four person Cessna with 8 people & NO PROPELLER".

Upvote 0
It could be that you're too young to have experienced what real rubbish is, I'm talking almost unusable ISO 800 and cameras topping at ISO 6400.
Canon EOS 50D. There, I said it. It had the most horribly noisy sensor that I've ever had on a digital camera (and I had the 10D, which was waaayyyyy better)

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2011
I'm sorry, I don't understand how your response fits to my post. I was commenting on the notion that the R5 is rubbish in terms of low light performance.
Some people might like my Google Pixel pictures better than my EOS R5 pictures when taken handheld in extremely low light.

(Personally, I think they are both rubbish)

Upvote 0