Here’s the Canon EOS RP and EG-E1 extension grip

knight427

EOS T7i
Aug 27, 2018
Maybe Canon considers focus bracketing an amateur feature since highly skilled enthusiasts and pros control that for themselves.
Brutal.

For the record, I’ve never done focus bracketing, having it as an auto option would more than likely get me to try it. I’m betting it writes only to jpeg, which would be an incentive to learn how to do it myself if I found it interesting enough for my enjoyment.

Reactions: Jethro and Adelino

crazyrunner33

EOS RP
Nov 4, 2011
Could'n it be that this grip is designed to accomodate a new high-capacity battery with different dimensions?:unsure:
I think the grip serves two purposes and is the reason it's included with all the kits.

1) to make up the difference with larger L series lenses and allow the camera to sit flat. The bottom of the camera being so close to the lens mount will make it impossible to use with certain tripod plates without the grip.

2) one would think if 1) was an issue, why design the camera that way in the first place. The answer, to market it as the lightest full frame camera.

Reactions: bluediablo

Jethro

EOS R
Jul 14, 2018
I think the grip serves two purposes and is the reason it's included with all the kits.

1) to make up the difference with larger L series lenses and allow the camera to sit flat. The bottom of the camera being so close to the lens mount will make it impossible to use with certain tripod plates without the grip.

2) one would think if 1) was an issue, why design the camera that way in the first place. The answer, to market it as the lightest full frame camera.
To broaden the scope of target audience to those who pick it up and think it is too small for their hand and/or the larger lens they want to use. It can still be marketed as small and light, but with this to broaden its usability. People don't have to use it - especially if it comes with the kit.

Pape

EOS 80D
Dec 31, 2018
yeah focus braceting is good for amateurs ,we cant afford buy photoshop to do proper align :)