Not open for further replies.

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<div id="fb_share_1" style="float: right; margin-left: 10px;"><a name="fb_share" type="box_count" share_url="http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/01/5d-mark-iii-6d-from-india/" href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php">Share</a></div><div><script src="http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share" type="text/javascript"></script></div><div class="tweetmeme_button" style="float: right; margin-left: 10px;"><a class="tm_button" rel="&style=normal&b=2" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/01/5d-mark-iii-6d-from-india/"></a></div>
<p><strong>PCWorld.in speculation</strong></p>
<blockquote><p>Canon EOS 5D Mark III</p>
<p>Canon may name the next product in this dSLR series, as either the EOS 6D or the EOS 5D Mark III. This product would succeed the current Canon EOS 5D Mark II. It may offer a 24 Megapixel sensor and dual DIGIC 4 processors. The 3-inch display may be an articulated LCD screen with 1.04 million dots. What is more, it may be touch sensitive, making it the first full-frame camera with such technology.</p>
<p>When it is expected: This model from Canon’s stables is expected to be available before the first half of 2011 ends.</p></blockquote>
<p><strong><!--more-->From: <a href="http://www.pcworld.in/news/5-most-awaited-cameras-2011-43492010">http://www.pcworld.in/news/5-most-awaited-cameras-2011-43492010</a></strong></p>
<p>I don’t know how to take this.</p>
<p><em>thanks Wick</em></p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Aug 11, 2010
anyone can guess at a price. there's not nearly enough in that paragraph by means of specs to even make a wild speculation. it says nothing of build quality, framerate, video features, imaging features, AF capabilities, or viewfinder size. basically, it gives you almost no useful information that may even remotely indicate a price.

you could get a 24 MP FF dual-Digic IV camera for as little at $2500, or as high as $4000, depending on all those things. there are people who will talk about the 5DIII coming in at $2000, or even less, but to be frank that's on the far reaches of reality. with the 5DII still selling at $2500, there's no reason for a vastly improved successor camera to be priced lower. I've never seen canon deliberately shoot themselves in the foot with product pricing, and I don't see that trend starting in 2011. especially not with lens price hikes coming and all new replacement L glass coming in at a 50% premium

Upvote 0
I think it's still will be released in 2012, heck you check youtube & you notice a lot of people posting up their "5d mkii test video" up so I don't think and hugely believe it wont be released this year :) next year seems the best time and adequate enough not to pee of people who just bought the darn thing this christmas' heck canon has to be nice once in a while, thats why they released the 60d :p in my opinion

so yeah, don't sweat it' its just a big guess as anyone on that website to rattle more traffic to that site.

Upvote 0

Stuart

Hi, Welcome from an ePhotozine fan, & 6D user.
Jul 22, 2010
London & Woking
www.ephotozine.com
Why not, slightly bigger sensor and a touch screen then reusing proven technology from other areas of canon. seems to plug the gap for FF users who want AF/fps speed and an upgrade.
Can't see the 6D name though. apart from looking at the potential for a 600D, 60D, 6D lineup.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Well, it doesn't matter much to me. Any release date is allright, as I am going to purchase a 5Diii or whatever they call it near the end of its life cycle. A 5Dii would be more than enough for me, currently shooting a 30D. But I have some hopes, that there might be some improved ISO 25600 and some usable 51200 ;-) My kick is very lowlight photography. And if Canon manages to improve the AF then that is a lot bang for my buck already. I am not into video at all...Hope the sensor won't go beyond 24 MP. Don't like to change a goodworking PC due to a new camera body. Uh, in this case sRAW 1 becomes kinda option. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Aug 11, 2010
torger said:
JLN said:
touchscreen??? on a pro level dslr? no no no!

Phase One has touchscreen on their new IQ1xx medium format camera backs, and the backs are supposed to work in rough conditions. Not sure how well the touchscreen works though.

just because Phase One does it doesn't mean it's a good idea. I shoot plenty of places that I'd really rather not take my gloves off. touchscreens don't work through gloves (unless you get one of those with the metal contacts, but those are rarely insulative gloves). bad idea.

Upvote 0
J

Justin

If I weren't so late to the conversation I would have offered that example. In any case, the touch screen they are sticking on the phase backs is palatial. 3.2 in. Massive resolution. I'd love something like that on a canon. I'd love it even more on a phase one, but my bank account wouldn't.

torger said:
JLN said:

Phase One has touchscreen on their new IQ1xx medium format camera backs, and the backs are supposed to work in rough conditions. Not sure how well the touchscreen works though.

Upvote 0
kubelik said:
torger said:
JLN said:

just because Phase One does it doesn't mean it's a good idea. I shoot plenty of places that I'd really rather not take my gloves off. touchscreens don't work through gloves (unless you get one of those with the metal contacts, but those are rarely insulative gloves). bad idea.

Yeah, it just means that pro-level equipment already does it. The phase one backs can be operated both using the touch screen *and* using four large buttons. The glove-operated mode would be using the buttons. The touch screen is faster to work with when you want to zoom in a specific area of a picture for example, but you can do the same using the buttons (if I understood the description correctly, haven't tried them myself so I'm not 100% sure how the ui works).

I agree that a touchscreen-only interface is a bad idea (even if it would work with gloves, fingers get too thick with gloves on), but think that a combined version could be nice. Overall, I think the live view and histogram etc can be much improved. For tripod-mounted landscape / architecture shoots I use live view almost 100%, and needing to scroll around with buttons and zoom in to verify focus does feel a bit awkward. It seems like the latest medium format backs have come a bit farther in this respect.

Upvote 0
J

Justin

So this wouldn't be the upgrade photographers were looking for. Canon needs to match the expectations that have been building during the relatively long product cycle. Recall that the leap from 5D -> 5D2 was significant, albeit carried over a similar AF system. Photographers are expecting a similar upgrade path from 5D2 -> 5D3.

28-32 mpx seems reasonable. AF upgrade is a must (rumored 19 point would suffice). 1 more frame per second a must (5 fps). Improved sealing a must. Built in flash controller a must. Double memory card slots a must. Higher resolution screen would certainly help with all the manual focusing we do through live view. If they make it tilt that's fine with me. I'm finally on board with the luminous-landscape guys, a mirror lockup button is desperately needed. $5k is a-ok.

Stuart said:
Why not, slightly bigger sensor and a touch screen then reusing proven technology from other areas of canon. seems to plug the gap for FF users who want AF/fps speed and an upgrade.
Can't see the 6D name though. apart from looking at the potential for a 600D, 60D, 6D lineup.

Upvote 0
Aug 11, 2010
torger said:
kubelik said:
torger said:
JLN said:

Yeah, it just means that pro-level equipment already does it. The phase one backs can be operated both using the touch screen *and* using four large buttons. The glove-operated mode would be using the buttons. The touch screen is faster to work with when you want to zoom in a specific area of a picture for example, but you can do the same using the buttons (if I understood the description correctly, haven't tried them myself so I'm not 100% sure how the ui works).

I agree that a touchscreen-only interface is a bad idea (even if it would work with gloves, fingers get too thick with gloves on), but think that a combined version could be nice. Overall, I think the live view and histogram etc can be much improved. For tripod-mounted landscape / architecture shoots I use live view almost 100%, and needing to scroll around with buttons and zoom in to verify focus does feel a bit awkward. It seems like the latest medium format backs have come a bit farther in this respect.

yeah, if you have the option of both I'd have no problem with it. the only thing I'd say is, there has to be a button to disable the touch-screen mode. I'd a left-eye dominant shooting so my nose is always against the touchscreen. it would drive me nuts if that ended up altering settings

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.