A Canon DSLR First Coming to EOS 5D Mark IV [CR2]

minor update...

Minor update so forget all the evf and new hardware wishlist items ;-)

I'll pick proper (RAW) RGB histogram and programmable ETTR exposure mode.

Suggested to me in a rumour several years ago, and something I've asked Canon for every time I was asked about my use of their cameras.

Upvote 0
jebrady03 said:
Is this a first in DSLR's? Or a "first"... like how Apple claims to have invented everything?

Apple DID invent everything: a usable computer, usable printer (Postscript), usable music player, usable internet-in-your-pocket device, usable tablet, usable Dick Tracy watch, usable music/movie downloads. OK, they're working on usable cloud-synching, you got me there!

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2015
There was talk before the 7DII came out that there would be an EVF overlay on the optical viewfinder so it could be VF histogram.

From the OP
We’re told that the new camera will have a DSLR first from Canon, but the source was unsure if any other manufacturer has or will have the same feature in one of their cameras.

....maybe it's a decent sensor? :-X

Upvote 0
ahsanford said:
ccardona54 said:
How about a new High Dynamic Range, ISO Invariant, 48 pixel Sony-type sensor!! Nah, it would go against their "glacial innovation pace" philosophy!

Minor typo above, I'm presuming... ::)

- A

Sorry, I don't see any typo (got an A in Copy Editing/Proofreading from NYU!) ;-)

Upvote 0