Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Spec List [CR1]

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
The 9fps seems like wishful thinking there...but if that's with mirror up and using Dual Pixel in Live View, I'll be OK with it since I'd seldom use 9fps on the camera. However...if it's 9fps with mirror Down using the AF module, my plans to buy a 1DX2 have been lost...so Canon will likely NOT be doing this. (What kind of buffer will we be seeing and will the SD slot be useful instead of trash like the current 5D3's?)

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
LSXPhotog said:
...if it's 9fps with mirror Down using the AF module, my plans to buy a 1DX2 have been lost...so Canon will likely NOT be doing this.

Becuase...you're Canon's CEO? Because...you're their one and only customer? Because...you are representative of the global market for the 1D X II? Or was there some other reason that I missed? :eek:

Upvote 0
zim said:
TWI by Dustin Abbott said:
I personally would be pretty delighted by those specs. 28MP is plenty. I'd also be happy even if the FPS comes in at 8FPS. So long as the camera produces as clean or cleaner files as the 6D and perhaps with a touch more dynamic range it sounds like the camera I want.

+100! Perfecto
I'm in, as well. I still doubt that those specs, especially 28 mp and 9 fps are going to happen, but if they turn out to be true, its more that I could wish for. It would be the most popular FF Canon rig ever.

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2015
My first thought was also that 9FPS seemed too much. However, I do see some more or less good reasons why Canon would give it 9 FPS. For one, it would separate the 5DIV from the Sony A7 series, and outdo Nikons mid level FF bodies on specs. Canon has been challenged a lot spec wise the last few years. Secondly, Sony will probably release a high FPS full frame soon, the A9? Canon wouldn't want to be outdone by that too soon. Last, it might get people buying 5DIV in stead of used 1DX-cameras, increasing sales of new bodies...

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
NorbR said:
jebrady03 said:
You know how I now you're (partial 40 year old virgin reference) not someone who knows what they're talking about rumor sender? 9 FPS.
Ain't happening. Not a chance.

May I ask why not?

If I had to bet, I would probably bet on something a bit lower as well, but I don't see why 9 fps would be so shocking.

Specs wise, it's far enough from the 14fps that there is no real threat to the product line differentiation.

It's close to the 10fps in the 7D, but Canon would be happy to sell anyone a 5D instead of a 7D, so no problem there.

I agree, except for the "happy to sell anyone a 5D instead of a 7D" because that would depend upon sales volume of each and profit margin of each. Higher price doesn't necessarily make the 5D more profitable.

I think sales price, which lenses the buyer has, and whether the buyer prefers crop over FF would make the biggest difference in the decision. There is enough difference in sales price and and arguments both ways for intended use.

9 FPS would be very nice wouldn't it? I'm still betting 10 FPS. If not, then 8 FPS.

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
CanonFanBoy said:
I agree, except for the "happy to sell anyone a 5D instead of a 7D" because that would depend upon sales volume of each and profit margin of each. Higher price doesn't necessarily make the 5D more profitable.

Sure, but also consider that a great number of crop folks migrating to their first FF rig will suddenly need an EF standard zoom and a speedlite, which one would think tilts the margins argument decisively over to the FF side.

- A

Upvote 0
Mar 18, 2015
Chuck Alaimo said:
ahsanford said:
any chance we'll start seeing 1DX2 break up the dominance of the 5D3 at weddings?

Not at the 1D series price point. Unless your in the luxury category and needling 6k+ at minimum per wedding.

One of the wedding shooters I second for uses a 1DX. Great camera, batteries last forever, tough as nails, great in low light, good viewfinder (unlike the 5d series), no problem using them in the rain, or snow, or scorching heat. Never a worry, and they last for years. If I was doing this full-time, I would probably run one too.

Upvote 0
Bernard said:
Chuck Alaimo said:
ahsanford said:
any chance we'll start seeing 1DX2 break up the dominance of the 5D3 at weddings?

Not at the 1D series price point. Unless your in the luxury category and needling 6k+ at minimum per wedding.

One of the wedding shooters I second for uses a 1DX. Great camera, batteries last forever, tough as nails, great in low light, good viewfinder (unlike the 5d series), no problem using them in the rain, or snow, or scorching heat. Never a worry, and they last for years. If I was doing this full-time, I would probably run one too.

I have also used a 5DIII in the rain, snow and scorching heat. My 5DIII's have been to Brazil and Madrid in the heat of their sumemrs...Sri Lanka in the monsoon season...I've done Slovenian mountains in the snow...there is no problem with the 5DIII's build quality. It's very close to the 1DX. My 5DIII's are still going strong and i bought them th week thy were launched. The view finder is 100% and just as good as the 1Dx. Low light? Yes the 5DIII is just as good. I think you are running some kind of prejudice against the 5DIII. It was built for uk weddings....go ask Jeff Ascough.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
ahsanford said:
CanonFanBoy said:

Sure, but also consider that a great number of crop folks migrating to their first FF rig will suddenly need an EF standard zoom and a speedlite, which one would think tilts the margins argument decisively over to the FF side.

- A

True.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
davidmurray said:
Canon Rumors said:
The first spec list in a while from an unknown source has appeared for next months Canon EOS 5D Mark IV announcement. Most of it is probably a safe bet, though we don’t yet have confirmation on the resolution of the camera.</p>
<p><strong>Rumoured EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications:</strong></p>
<ul>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">28mp</span></li>
<li class="p1">DIGIC 7</li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">ISO 100-51200 (204,800)</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">9fps</span></li>
<li class="p1">4K video</li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Headphone jack</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Price: $3600</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Touchscreen</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">CFast 2.0 & SD card slots</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Built-in WiFi & GPS</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">61 autofocus points (41 cross type)</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Reduced weight</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">New EF 24-105 f/4L IS II kit lens</span></li>
</ul>
<p>We hope to confirm the resolution and other pertinent specifications soon.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Touchscreen? How will they cope with noses hitting the touchscreen?

Is that sarcasm?

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2013
I was putting a lot of thought into either paying up for a 1DXii (which I cannot justify to myself) a used 1DX (I really hate second hand gear) or even changing brand to Nikon..... I want a higher FPS for amateur sports and I'm starting off birding. I'm not too concerned if the buffer isn't the size of the 1DXii even a third of that would be 50 or so frames- Perfect!! (the 7d2 is what 31raw?)
28mp is a decent bump from the 5d3 too without having to worry about the pixel blur that some people are reporting from the 5DS(r). As for the price point if it is too high at launch people will just have to wait till it drops.
As for me, IF these were the specs, I would be happy to upgrade, and also do it fairly soon too!!

Upvote 0