Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R3

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
MELVILLE, NY, September 14, 2021 – Building on the success of the EOS R camera series, Canon U.S.A. Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the next leap forward in full-frame mirrorless cameras – the professional-grade Canon EOS R3. The new camera leverages the advancements in technology that Canon has developed since the original EOS R launch in 2018 and bridges the gap between the immensely popular EOS R5 and the world-renowned Canon flagship EOS-1D X line. The EOS R3 is the first “3” series camera from Canon since the widely used EOS-3 film camera launched in 1998.
Preorder: Canon EOS R3 $5999

The EOS R3...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

H. Jones

Photojournalist
Aug 1, 2014
Canon has made me another happy customer once again!

They have absolutely knocked it away with the features packed in here. Adjustable electronic shutter FPS, anti-flicker up to 24 FPS!!!, new "optical viewfinder simulation" hdr viewfinder mode, light-up buttons from the 1DX3, 1/64,000th shutterspeed, electronic shutter to 30 second exposures, unlimited video record times, new white balance, tons of new daily use upgrades, this is absolutely everything I wanted.

I pray that 6:04 a.m. still gets me one in November.. Was on B&H trying to order, but they really messed me up by not allowing me to put it in the cart for some reason. :cautious:

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alan B

1DX Mark III
Feb 2, 2021
Can someone please explain to me about this(below in the black parts) ?

(from description on Wex)

Quote:
Bringing the power, the speed and high-resolution imaging is the combination of a 26.7 Megapixel CMOS Stacked, Back-illuminated Imaging Sensor and DIGIC X Processing Engine. This potent blend of industry-leading engineering and photographic innovation has resulted in a highly efficient camera body that is designed for high-speed action, wildlife, sports photography and video recording.

The image sensor has 24 effective megapixels with a built-in low-pass filter which is more than capable enough to allow this camera to capture incredible image detail with manageable file sizes. Moreover, this sensor offers an impressively wide ISO range that adds a huge amount of versatility in shooting options. The ISO 100 to maximum ISO 102,400 can even be expanded to a further ISO 204,800 for even more scope.

Whats the 26.7 MP part about ?

Upvote 0

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
Canon has made me another happy customer once again!

They have absolutely knocked it away with the features packed in here. Adjustable electronic shutter FPS, anti-flicker up to 24 FPS!!!, new "optical viewfinder simulation" hdr viewfinder mode, light-up buttons from the 1DX3, 1/64,000th shutterspeed, electronic shutter to 30 second exposures, unlimited video record times, new white balance, tons of new daily use upgrades, this is absolutely everything I wanted.

I pray that 6:04 a.m. still gets me one in November.. Was on B&H trying to order, but they really messed me up by not allowing me to put it in the cart for some reason. :cautious:
Hope you are in the first batch. FWIW, it's 7:07am and I'm still unable to add anything to my cart at B&H.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I pray that 6:04 a.m. still gets me one in November..
I was up late and off-and-on all night with a sick child (fortunately COVID-negative), but was asleep at 6am so I didn’t get my order in with B&H until 6:47a.

When I preordered the 1D X (also B&H) it was a couple of hours after they went live, and I still got it n the first batch that shipped.

No idea what stock levels will be like by then, but I suspect $6K bodies don’t get all that many preorders, and it’s still quite early in most of the country.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

mdcmdcmdc

EOS R7, M5, 100 (film), Sony α6400
CR Pro
Sep 4, 2020
Can someone please explain to me about this(below in the black parts) ?

(from description on Wex)

Quote:
Bringing the power, the speed and high-resolution imaging is the combination of a 26.7 Megapixel CMOS Stacked, Back-illuminated Imaging Sensor and DIGIC X Processing Engine. This potent blend of industry-leading engineering and photographic innovation has resulted in a highly efficient camera body that is designed for high-speed action, wildlife, sports photography and video recording.

The image sensor has 24 effective megapixels with a built-in low-pass filter which is more than capable enough to allow this camera to capture incredible image detail with manageable file sizes. Moreover, this sensor offers an impressively wide ISO range that adds a huge amount of versatility in shooting options. The ISO 100 to maximum ISO 102,400 can even be expanded to a further ISO 204,800 for even more scope.

Whats the 26.7 MP part about ?
“Effective” is what you get in your images.

Sensors have more pixels than that which aren’t exposed to light. These are used to establish black levels and estimate noise.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0