Canon teases Canon EOS R8 and Canon EOS R50 announcement happening this week

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
For them to be the real specs they would have to come from a real source.
I am open to the possibility of some making things up and guessing correctly but I would not call those specs.
Specs and photos are now on PhotoRumors, which has a track record at least as reliable as CanonRumors.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
Looks like it will have the same rear as the rp - no wheel or joystick but the main 2 dials sigh
Yeah, I'd say the R8 is the replacement for the RP, and a vast improvement.

Canon cameras just get better and better, I really can't wait for the R5 Mkii to be announced!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

codym90

Wedding/Boudoir Photographer
Aug 15, 2022
onefocusphotos.com
Has there ever been a camera before from Canon that came in two different colors? I don't believe I've seen that yet. An RF body with two different colors seems cool I guess. I have a feeling it'll be black or white. A white camera body would look sick! Watch it be like camo colored haha
-Cody M
Charlottesville wedding photographer

Upvote 0
Has there ever been a camera before from Canon that came in two different colors? I don't believe I've seen that yet. An RF body with two different colors seems cool I guess. I have a feeling it'll be black or white. A white camera body would look sick! Watch it be like camo colored haha
-Cody M
A lot of them have.

Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
-Cody M
Several of the Powershot compacts were available in red, blue, silver, and at least one had a truly revolting PINK option, so it's not unprecedented, although until now the interchangeable lens models have been spared...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
For them to be the real specs they would have to come from a real source.
I am open to the possibility of some making things up and guessing correctly but I would not call those specs.
Wow, are you being this obtuse intentionally?

Let me boil it down to the essential phrase in contention. You said, “…but the weight leads to the conclusion that there will not be an EVF.”

Regardless of where the weight value came from, the weight you’re talking about is similar to that of the RP, which has an EVF. So, how did you come to the conclusion that the weight means the R8 won’t have an EVF?

At this point, it’s moot because the online specs are consistent (0.91 lbs is listed, that’s 413 g), and the R8 images show an EVF.

Upvote 0