EOS R - Cancel focus magnifier with shutter button?

I was wondering if anyone was able to find a way to set the EOS R so that when you half-press the shutter button, if you are in focus magnifier, it will exit so that you can see the full screen again.

Half-pressing on most of the Fuji or Sony mirrorless cameras exits the magnifier screen but can't figure it out on Canon.

For the interim, I'm using the right M-fn bar and the record button for focus magnifier.

I was wondering if anyone was able to find a way to set the EOS R so that when you half-press the shutter button, if you are in focus magnifier, it will exit so that you can see the full screen again.

Half-pressing on most of the Fuji or Sony mirrorless cameras exits the magnifier screen but can't figure it out on Canon.

For the interim, I'm using the right M-fn bar and the record button for focus magnifier.
It's working on my 5D IV without any hassle. You might have a faulty device perhaps?

Upvote 0
Ah, i find it a bit hard that Canon "removes" features. They usually add functionality. If it's not a bug in FW?
the EOS R Menu and Settings feels limited and incomplete to me. I hope they release an update to fix this the exit magnify screen.

Just turn the fucusring and it will magnify 5 or 10 times

forgot to mention I am using legacy non Canon lenses with no focus chip (Leica M and Pentax lenses) on my Canon EOS R

Upvote 0