It’s finally happening, the PowerShot SX70 HS is next to be announced

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The long-awaited Canon Powershot SX70 HS looks to be the next camera announced by Canon. The Canon superzoom compact camera has been wanted for years from lots of shooters out there.
There are no specifications at this time, but they should start leaking out in the near future.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2011
I had 2 SX50's, one did not work properly, the other worked fine, but was a struggle to use and most of my photos were poor. I briefly had a SX60 but returned it. That small sensor is very noisy at anything above base ISO, and a high shutter speed with the small aperture insures noise under most conditions if its not a very bright day.

Upvote 0

RiceCanon

CR Pro
Dec 7, 2012
I have an SX50 that I've used for concerts when I need lots of reach and the venue or band won't let you in with a "pro" camera. I like it for the reach and the ability to shoot in RAW. My results with post processing have been quite good, although I don't shoot with it over 800 ISO. It will be interesting to see how much improvement the new sensor will have.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I have an SX50 that I've used for concerts when I need lots of reach and the venue or band won't let you in with a "pro" camera. I like it for the reach and the ability to shoot in RAW. My results with post processing have been quite good, although I don't shoot with it over 800 ISO. It will be interesting to see how much improvement the new sensor will have.

I sneaked an SX50 passed security into a lecture and got this. It's quite a useful camera but somewhat limited for birding and wildlife.

IMG_0714.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2014
there are entire websites and movies shot with iPhone. i prefer a caneraphone over one of these cludgy superzoom tiny dwarf sensor cameras. at least phones are small and serve multiple purposes. and iq is not much behind, if at all.

Well then, why don't you get outdoors and obtain an exquisitely detailed image of a one-inch-long damselfly with your phone and post it for us? That "cludgy" SX60 kicks your phone's ass for that purpose.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2014
there are entire websites and movies shot with iPhone. i prefer a caneraphone over one of these cludgy superzoom tiny dwarf sensor cameras. at least phones are small and serve multiple purposes. and iq is not much behind, if at all.

Are you really comparing a phone with a fixed 28mm ish lens with a superzoom? That's like saying: Why they manufacture buses anymore because they are cars these days which are smaller, faster and can take you anywhere just like a bus.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0