It's Time to Vote on Your Favourite Gear From Canon in 2017

Tangent

EOS 90D
Nov 13, 2015
134
91
Number one on my wish list for 2018 is a Canon 6D mk III with a new sensor with high DR. And a wider spread on the AF points. And more versatility of video output. And maybe 4k, too, why not?

This is a minor refresh -- just a few things to change -- so we shouldn't have to wait 5 years for it!!! ::)
 

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
8,617
1,642
Tangent said:
Number one on my wish list for 2018 is a Canon 6D mk III with a new sensor with high DR. And a wider spread on the AF points. And more versatility of video output. And maybe 4k, too, why not?

This is a minor refresh -- just a few things to change -- so we shouldn't have to wait 5 years for it!!! ::)

Canon's got you covered here

- A
 

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Jul 21, 2010
24,729
2,333
ahsanford said:
Tangent said:
Number one on my wish list for 2018 is a Canon 6D mk III with a new sensor with high DR. And a wider spread on the AF points. And more versatility of video output. And maybe 4k, too, why not?

This is a minor refresh -- just a few things to change -- so we shouldn't have to wait 5 years for it!!! ::)

Canon's got you covered here

Yeah, but it costs more. Canon needs to just sell the 5DIV for the price of a T3i. Or else they're *******.
 

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
8,617
1,642
I voted as well, but in specifics, the dream get would be:

EF 50mm f/(1.4 or 1.8.) IS USM -- with ring USM + internal focusing.

- A
 

Attachments

  • 50 Prime Rib 2.jpg
    50 Prime Rib 2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 732

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
2,820
38
neuroanatomist said:
chrysoberyl said:
SkynetTX said:
The minimum focusing distance of the EF-S 35mm is a way too short

Totally agree; I was interested until I saw that.

As opposed to all those other 28-35mm macro lenses with much longer MFDs? I mean, it's not like focal length is inversely related to MFD for a macro lens, or anything like that, right? Poor, uninnovative Canon, damn them for not being able to change the laws of optical physics. Or maybe it's just that you don't understand the relevant concepts... ::)

I thought Canon was a GOD and the laws of optics does not apply to their products :)
 

Isaacheus

EOS RP
Jun 22, 2017
215
27
New Zealand
ahsanford said:
Tangent said:
Number one on my wish list for 2018 is a Canon 6D mk III with a new sensor with high DR. And a wider spread on the AF points. And more versatility of video output. And maybe 4k, too, why not?

This is a minor refresh -- just a few things to change -- so we shouldn't have to wait 5 years for it!!! ::)

Canon's got you covered here

- A

But it's missing the tilt/flip screen.
If Canon were to add a tilt screen add a few more pieces to the video options to the 5dmk4, call it a 5dmk4c, I'd be in
 

ethanz

1DX II
CR Pro
Apr 12, 2016
1,176
467
ethanzentz.com
I didn't want the 135mm TS to feel left out, so I voted for it. The only thing I bought in 2017 was a 200-400, couldn't get anything else. Or even need anything else.
 

FramerMCB

Canon 40D & 7D
CR Pro
Sep 9, 2014
472
140
53
ahsanford said:
I voted as well, but in specifics, the dream get would be:

EF 50mm f/(1.4 or 1.8.) IS USM -- with ring USM + internal focusing.

- A

That's what I voted for! A new 50mm 1.4 IS. Yes please!!!
 

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
8,617
1,642
jolyonralph said:
SkynetTX said:
The minimum focusing distance of the EF-S 35mm is a way too short

Translation: The EF-S 35mm isn't the lens that I want and STUPID CANON for not doing an 60mm macro, a couple of 100mm macros or even a 180mm macro which would be FAR closer to what I WANT.

Sure, but understand that amateur lifestyle/travel instagram photography kind of blew up in the last few years. The EF-S bodies some of them were toting had zero 1:1 macro options to shoot their negroni, tiramisu or pork belly with without having to stand up from their seat to frame the entire glass/dish/plate. So Canon was very wise to offer these wider FL macro lenses, IMHO.

- A
 

Attachments

  • AvTvM not so.jpg
    AvTvM not so.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 818

tron

EOS R5
CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
4,844
1,141
Basically my wish is to have a 5DsR MkII with a 24-70 2.8L IS for landscapes and 600 DO IS for birding.

For backup a 7DMkIII with a big xxx-600 up to 5.6 zoom.

Then I wake up ;D ;D ;D
 

Azathoth

EOS M6 Mark II
Nov 9, 2013
72
2
My god that list of lenses is pretty meh.. ultra specialized TS lenses, boring crop lenses, a 85 mm that seems to be pretty weak acording to Dustin Abbott. Voted on the 18-55 just for the lolz.
 

tron

EOS R5
CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
4,844
1,141
Azathoth said:
My god that list of lenses is pretty meh.. ultra specialized TS lenses, boring crop lenses, a 85 mm that seems to be pretty weak acording to Dustin Abbott. Voted on the 18-55 just for the lolz.
That 18-55 is pretty useful standing in front of SL2 ;D
 

Adelino

EOS RP
Jan 21, 2015
373
244
Tangent said:
Number one on my wish list for 2018 is a Canon 6D mk III with a new sensor with high DR. And a wider spread on the AF points. And more versatility of video output. And maybe 4k, too, why not?

This is a minor refresh -- just a few things to change -- so we shouldn't have to wait 5 years for it!!! ::)

I'm hoping for an EF FF mirrorless that will be just as you describe.
 

Chaitanya

EOS R
Jun 27, 2013
1,381
539
35
Pune
neuroanatomist said:
chrysoberyl said:
SkynetTX said:
The minimum focusing distance of the EF-S 35mm is a way too short

Totally agree; I was interested until I saw that.

As opposed to all those other 28-35mm macro lenses with much longer MFDs? I mean, it's not like focal length is inversely related to MFD for a macro lens, or anything like that, right? Poor, uninnovative Canon, damn them for not being able to change the laws of optical physics. Or maybe it's just that you don't understand the relevant concepts... ::)
Here is a super convenient comparison chart of all 35/40mm Macro lenses made for SLRs. Of these Canon is the only one with IF which for some reason people dont find useful on such short macro lenses.
https://www.lenstip.com/porownaj.php?co=obiektyw&ile=5&add0=1458&add1=995&add2=1140&add3=862&add4=665
 

pj1974

80D, M5, 7D, & lots of glass and accessories!
Oct 18, 2011
681
207
Adelaide, Australia
Favourite 2017 Canon lens I voted for was Canon 85mm f/1.4 USM IS L
Favourite 2017 Canon body I voted for was Canon 77D (lots of bang for the buck)

Most wanted 2018 Canon item I voted for was Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM IS

I would have liked 2 categories to vote for the 'most wanted in 2018' section: 1 for lens and 1 for body.

So, for body, I would have voted for a 7DmkIII, as long as it has sensor image quality at least as good as the current 80D (which surpasses the 7DmkII). Otherwise, probably the 90D (unless it takes a step back in sensor image quality). A fully articulating screen would be a bonus on the 7DmkIII. Having said that, I am very happy with my 80D and selection of lenses.

Paul
 
<-- start Taboola -->