More Product Confirmations for CP+

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
PHYSICA said:
tron said:
slclick said:
I'm loving this 'Year of the Lens' so far
Do you believe every ... yearly CR thread regarding 35mm 1.4L II, 100-400 L II etc? I don't. They are so obviously nonsense... Sorry CR 99.9% of your site rocks but some specific "new lens" threads of yours belong to the other 0.1% (they are so NL level... )

Well.... this is a rumor site.... if everything is true, then why not change the name as CANON NEWS?

No serious to rumor, just read and think.
Even the rumors should have some validity, hence the CR rating. The rumors about the above 2 lenses have been played time and again so they have been burned and CR0 seems the correct rating for them. In that case I would not complain ;)

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
tron said:
PHYSICA said:
tron said:
slclick said:
I'm loving this 'Year of the Lens' so far
Do you believe every ... yearly CR thread regarding 35mm 1.4L II, 100-400 L II etc? I don't. They are so obviously nonsense... Sorry CR 99.9% of your site rocks but some specific "new lens" threads of yours belong to the other 0.1% (they are so NL level... )

Well.... this is a rumor site.... if everything is true, then why not change the name as CANON NEWS?

No serious to rumor, just read and think.
Even the rumors should have some validity, hence the CR rating. The rumors about the above 2 lenses have been played time and again so they have been burned and CR0 seems the correct rating for them. In that case I would not complain ;)
For me the rumored 100-400 L replacement has been the biggest disappointment of all the rumors.

Upvote 0
tron said:
dstppy said:
tron said:
I understand. I recently got the 24-70 2.8 II and since I sold my 5D2 yesterday a second 5D3 is imminent. More than enough for now...

How much did you get for the 5Dmk2?
I asked 1100 euro and dropped it to 1000. It had 19200 clicks and it was in an excellent condition. So maybe it was on the cheap side (the buyer admitted that he would have to buy it even if I didn't drop the price but we had agreed and a deal is a deal, plus he was a student). But it was sold quickly and I am free to order a 5D3... :)

Thanks for the info; ~1350USD isn't bad. I *FINALLY* sold a lens yesterday. ::) Took a bath on it though. It was sort of painful; the guy was talking about sharpness and out of focus . . . took me three times suggesting it for him to not shoot wide open ;D

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
dstppy said:
tron said:
dstppy said:
tron said:
I understand. I recently got the 24-70 2.8 II and since I sold my 5D2 yesterday a second 5D3 is imminent. More than enough for now...

How much did you get for the 5Dmk2?
I asked 1100 euro and dropped it to 1000. It had 19200 clicks and it was in an excellent condition. So maybe it was on the cheap side (the buyer admitted that he would have to buy it even if I didn't drop the price but we had agreed and a deal is a deal, plus he was a student). But it was sold quickly and I am free to order a 5D3... :)

Thanks for the info; ~1350USD isn't bad. I *FINALLY* sold a lens yesterday. ::) Took a bath on it though. It was sort of painful; the guy was talking about sharpness and out of focus . . . took me three times suggesting it for him to not shoot wide open ;D
Which lens was it and how much did you get?

Well 1K euros is not bad but it is less than half the price of 5D3. No complaints though, this is what I want :)

Upvote 0
tron said:

Well 1K euros is not bad but it is less than half the price of 5D3. No complaints though, this is what I want :)

$400 for the EF-S 10-22mm Yeah, I'm paring down the list of stuff I have before adding to it again with a 5Dmk3. I still have the 70-300, 60mm and the 15-85. Then the 60D, 7D and 5DmkII. I have way too much stuff :D

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
dstppy said:
tron said:

$400 for the EF-S 10-22mm Yeah, I'm paring down the list of stuff I have before adding to it again with a 5Dmk3. I still have the 70-300, 60mm and the 15-85. Then the 60D, 7D and 5DmkII. I have way too much stuff :D
10-22 is a very good lens! Don't you need to cover this range? Or you have (or plan) a 16-35 with FF?

Will you sell all APS-C related before going full ... FF ? (pun intended :) )

Upvote 0
tron said:
dstppy said:
tron said:

10-22 is a very good lens! Don't you need to cover this range? Or you have (or plan) a 16-35 with FF?

Yeah, getting rid of the APS-C stuff. I'm not convinced that the 7DmkII won't be a must-get as well.

Once I had it, I couldn't figure out why I needed an ultra-wide. If I need something, I'd probably go to a prime. Selling the lenses and bodies is more of an exercise in self-control than anything. I'll probably get a 300mm or 400mm prime but I want to stop adding to the pile of things I have (and re-invest the cash).

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
dstppy said:
tron said:
dstppy said:
tron said:

Yeah, getting rid of the APS-C stuff. I'm not convinced that the 7DmkII won't be a must-get as well.

Once I had it, I couldn't figure out why I needed an ultra-wide. If I need something, I'd probably go to a prime. Selling the lenses and bodies is more of an exercise in self-control than anything. I'll probably get a 300mm or 400mm prime but I want to stop adding to the pile of things I have (and re-invest the cash).
It isn't difficult if you visualize your next gear :)

Upvote 0