SIGMA will address the RF mount in 2022 [CR3]

Fischer

EOS RP
Mar 17, 2020
Then I don’t understand why you replied to my post, since I didn’t say anything like that. If someone said that you should reply to them.
As a side note to your second point, what evidence do you have that the two existing big whites are much less popular than the one you want? And how does the existence of two other lenses prove that Canon could have released a third lens by now?, since you probably aren’t privy to their sales data and manufacturing capacity.
1) Seems pretty obvious to me: "Overall, I'm hard pressed to think of a commonly used focal length that isn't available either in prime or zoom form. If someone thinks the lenses lineup is "very limiting" they aren't trying very hard." I do not agree - trying hard is simply not a solution if you do not have the right tools.

2) Canon notoriously does not talk about specific lens sale numbers. However, there are far more user reviews on popular photo sites and at large photo stores for the 300mm than the two others. There is also no comparison in the number of pictures posted online between the three. So in addition to more anecdotal evidence such as discussions in photo forums etc. we have very strong evidence that 300mm is by far the most popular of the three.

3) I trust the last comment is written in jest.

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Jul 21, 2010
2) Canon notoriously does not talk about specific lens sale numbers. However, there are far more user reviews on popular photo sites and at large photo stores for the 300mm than the two others. There is also no comparison in the number of pictures posted online between the three. So in addition to more anecdotal evidence such as discussions in photo forums etc. we have very strong evidence that 300mm is by far the most popular of the three.
The 300/2.8 is a ‘cheap’ great white so it makes sense that it’s more popular. IIRC, in an interview Canon indicated that the RF 400/2.8 and 600/4 were developed ahead of schedule based on requests from professional photographers.

EricN

EOS 90D
Aug 10, 2021
The 300/2.8 is a ‘cheap’ great white so it makes sense that it’s more popular. IIRC, in an interview Canon indicated that the RF 400/2.8 and 600/4 were developed ahead of schedule based on requests from professional photographers.
I remember this too

Aug 20, 2020
Hopefully they release lightweight alternatives like they have been doing for the Sony E-mount. It seems like a lot of their lenses are heavier than Canon's native EF lenses.