There are still surprises in store for the Canon EOS R5 announcement [CR2]

mariosk1gr

EOS M6 Mark II
Jan 4, 2019
AI - Computational photography? nah... It's too early for FF cameras. They need a ton of processing power! If it's DGO from the other hand, that will make every man on this planet very happy also!

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Motorsports, Commerical, & Real Estate
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
www.diossiphotography.com
I'm hopeful that the time spent developing its sensor stabilization was used to create something very impressive and reliable. I also hope that Canon has witnessed some of the possibilities with this tech like high resolution and night sky modes from other brands and taken things a step further.

blackcoffee17

EOS RP
Sep 17, 2014
Multi-shot mode that is actually useful in that it works with flash (unlike every other mirrorless camera) making high resolution stills a very useful studio features rather than a headline grabbing/clickbait spec.

Multi-shot without flash is not a gimmick and usable in many situations. I would say most, like landscapes. With flash i think its harder to implement because of flash recycling times between each shot.

blackcoffee17

EOS RP
Sep 17, 2014
What if the IBIS assembly moves back enabling us to natively use EF lenses on the R5.

Not sure if the body is deep enough for that. Would be easier the other way around - move the sensor forward in EF camera. But then you would lose OVF.

MaxDiesel

EOS M6 Mark II
Sep 23, 2015
Even though I know it’s next to impossible to create without reducing image quality and it may be large due to all glass in it.
I’d LOVE to see an RF-EF adapter.
Since they noted, no more EF Lenses this would be a good trade off.