Waterscapes

tomscott

Photographer & Graphic Designer
Here are a few images of Haweswater Resevoir in Cumbria I took as part of a commission of the British Company United Utilities

5DMKIII with 16-35mm F2.8 MKII, 70-200mm F2.8 IS MKII and Polariser and 10 stop ND

Haweswater Reservoir, Derelict Barn, Corpse Road, Cumbria by TomScottPhoto, on Flickr

Haweswater Reservoir, Derelict Barn, Corpse Road, Cumbria by TomScottPhoto, on Flickr

Haweswater Reservoir, Corpse Road, Cumbria by TomScottPhoto, on Flickr

Haweswater Reservoir, Cumbria by TomScottPhoto, on Flickr

Haweswater Tower, Haweswater Resevoir, Cumbria by TomScottPhoto, on Flickr

Haweswater moonscape, Haweswater Reservoir, Derelict Barn, Corpse Road, Cumbria by TomScottPhoto, on Flickr

This one is completely lit by the moon shot at 11-30pm, the night before the super moon last week.

Haweswater Reservoir Sunrise, Cumbria by TomScottPhoto, on Flickr

Sunrise

Upvote 0
4.jpg

Slangkop Lighthouse Sunset by Sanjeev Deo on 500px

Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
tomscott said:
Here are a few images of Haweswater Resevoir in Cumbria I took as part of a commission of the British Company United Utilities

5DMKIII with 16-35mm F2.8 MKII, 70-200mm F2.8 IS MKII and Polariser and 10 stop ND

Haweswater moonscape, Haweswater Reservoir, Derelict Barn, Corpse Road, Cumbria by TomScottPhoto, on Flickr

This one is completely lit by the moon shot at 11-30pm, the night before the super moon last week.

Haweswater Reservoir Sunrise, Cumbria by TomScottPhoto, on Flickr

Sunrise

That's a very nice serie!
What is the story about the tower? What is it? part of a lost castle?

Upvote 0

tomscott

@candyman, thank you.

The Mosedale valley had a village in the middle before it was flooded and dammed to make a reservoir in 1929, creating a supply of water for Manchester. They removed and relocated the village, there was a church and made the water tower out of the old church. The water tower houses the Dam control.

Few more from Haweswater Cumbria

Haweswater Resevoir, Cumbria by TomScottPhoto, on Flickr

My camping spot

Haweswater Resevoir, Corpse Road, Cumbria by TomScottPhoto, on Flickr

Moonlit

Moonlit Haweswater Resevoir, Corpse Road, Cumbria by TomScottPhoto, on Flickr

Moonlit Haweswater Resevoir, Corpse Road, Cumbria by TomScottPhoto, on Flickr

Haweswater Dam

Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
tomscott said:
@candyman, thank you.

The Mosedale valley had a village in the middle before it was flooded and dammed to make a reservoir in 1929, creating a supply of water for Manchester. They removed and relocated the village, there was a church and made the water tower out of the old church. The water tower houses the Dam control.

That's an interesting story. Never thought the tower was part of a church.

Nice followup serie. I like the camping spot. Not afraid that with a storm you will get stones on the tent?

Upvote 0

tomscott

candyman said:
tomscott said:
@candyman, thank you.

That's an interesting story. Never thought the tower was part of a church.

Nice followup serie. I like the camping spot. Not afraid that with a storm you will get stones on the tent?

Sorry it wasn't made from the left over of the church it was made with its parts after being dismantled.

Well those derelict barn buildings have sat for 150+ years, so no not really. Dry stone walling is very strong and stands the test of time :) each stone is very heavy and would take quite a storm to remove them. Of corse I made sure there were no loose stones on the top before pitching!

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Tom.
Do I detect a bit of the graphic designer popping out in these two, cloud formation looks very similar, but the top one seems to be over a very grey sky whereas the bottom one is blue. Or is it just the typical, wait a few minutes and the season you want will be here, changeable weather?
Very nice either way.

Cheers Graham.

tomscott said:
@candyman, thank you.

Few more from Haweswater Cumbria

Upvote 0

tomscott

That is interesting actually there isn't any extra post processing, single exposure from the original all of the sky is blown out but the blue reflection is certainly there. I was using a polariser to remove the reflection where the stump is so you could see it. and using recovery thats what came up. I would say its the effect of the polariser.

Other than that don't really know! lol Anyone got any ideas?

The second one the polariser was rotated toward the sky and mountains to emphasise the colour and depth as the clear water would be a distraction.

Upvote 0