352 KB · Views: 1,179
Upvote 0

rcarca

Amateur, Enthusiast, Canonphile
Apr 11, 2012
UK
raphoto.me
paul13walnut5 said:
All Clyde Estuary / Firth of Clyde themed this time.

The timber ponds in the foreground, the hills of the Arrochar Lomond range in the distance.
Waves breaking over the prominade wall at Saltcoats
View from Lyle Hill over Gourock Bay
View from Erskine Bridge past Dumbarton Rock and down the Esturary.

I particularly like 2 and 4. Fantastic shots. No 2 for stopping that wave as only King Canute could have wished, and No 4 for the light. Simply lovely, both.

Richard

Upvote 0
P

paul13walnut5

rcarca said:
paul13walnut5 said:
All Clyde Estuary / Firth of Clyde themed this time.

The timber ponds in the foreground, the hills of the Arrochar Lomond range in the distance.
Waves breaking over the prominade wall at Saltcoats
View from Lyle Hill over Gourock Bay
View from Erskine Bridge past Dumbarton Rock and down the Esturary.

I particularly like 2 and 4. Fantastic shots. No 2 for stopping that wave as only King Canute could have wished, and No 4 for the light. Simply lovely, both.

Richard

Thanks very much

Upvote 0
Click said:
Kernuak said:
A few from me.

Awesome shots. Simply beautiful. Nicely done Sir!
Thanks Click. I've recently made some advances in my use of Lightroom, that I've found gives some images a bit more of a kick. One example is Sunlit River Coe, which I've improved since it was uploaded to Flickr (the original is seen here).

Upvote 0
tomscott said:
I'll have a couple of overnight stops on Ullswater in a few weeks, so it's good to see these. The place I'm staying has a shot of the Yacht Club pier (I think it was in reception), but I've never worked out how to get down there or if there is public access.

Upvote 0
P

paul13walnut5

Kernuak said:
tomscott said:
I'll have a couple of overnight stops on Ullswater in a few weeks, so it's good to see these. The place I'm staying has a shot of the Yacht Club pier (I think it was in reception), but I've never worked out how to get down there or if there is public access.
That shot made the guy a fortune. And still makes him a living.
Make it your own. Everybody (in the UK at least0 has seen that image on somebodies wall, it's like here in Scotland. I'm an hour and a halfs drive from the best landscape scenery on earth. Glencoe. Black rock. Loch Etive. But Joe Cornich, Colin Prior and 2'000 club photographers have done it all better than me, I would only tackle these with a genuinely new angle, or with luck, some genuinely new light.

Be inspired by the classic Ullswater print, but take that inspiration and come back with something of your own.

Upvote 0