Who's still hanging in?

HaroldC3

EOS 90D
Jul 6, 2014
Had been an M series owner for many years. My last M was the M6 which I owned for 3 years. I am primarily a landscape photographer and the M6 worked great but it was time to move on. I had tried the EOS R system but was spoiled by the small size and great IQ of the M6. So I tried Fuji. My setup seems to be a good size and weight for me. Pretty much in between an R setup and M6 setup. I have been with Fuji for 7 months now and the main thing I dislike is the premium pricing. I have spent about 3x as much as my M6 setup on Fuji but I gotta say it is a great system.
I have no regrets moving on but wish those who stay all the best.

My setup.
Fuji XT-3
Fuji 10-24 f4
Fuji 16-80 f4
Fuji 55-200 3.8-4.5
Fuji 70-300 (arriving today, will probably sell the 55-200 after using side by side)

Reactions: ReflexVE

chrislambert

Canon R6 + M5
May 26, 2021
I sold my M5 because I'm really interested in the features available on the M6ii especially after having used the R6 in comparison, but I'm wondering if Canon will release an M5ii with similar or better features? Also, the Sigma 16mm 1.4 and 56mm 1.4 EFM lenses look very interesting as a low-light combo. I currently have the Canon 22mm and 32m primes but I'd like to get a little wider and more telephoto which those 2 would accomplish.

ReflexVE

Fujifilm X-S10 (M50 Veteran)
CR Pro
May 5, 2020
Renton, WA
I sold my M5 because I'm really interested in the features available on the M6ii especially after having used the R6 in comparison, but I'm wondering if Canon will release an M5ii with similar or better features? Also, the Sigma 16mm 1.4 and 56mm 1.4 EFM lenses look very interesting as a low-light combo. I currently have the Canon 22mm and 32m primes but I'd like to get a little wider and more telephoto which those 2 would accomplish.
Those are excellent lenses, hoping Sigma comes to Fuji since I moved on, I miss the 16mm I had with my M50.

Reactions: chrislambert

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Motorsports, Commerical, & Real Estate
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
www.diossiphotography.com
I recently sold my M6 Mark II and kept my M5 and 11-22mm, 15-45mm, 22mm, 32mm, and Sigma 16mm/56mm lenses. I personally think the M5 is still a very good camera, albeit very slow to use at times, but everything’s there that I need when taking it around for daily use, fun, and vacations. However, I very quickly grew to miss the speed and responsiveness of the M6 Mark II and decided to pick another one up. This time, it’s for good. I think the M5 and M6 Mark II are very clearly the best cameras from the system and they are fantastic enough….I hope they will one day make an M5 Mark II, but until then, I have a pretty great combination right now that serves me. I just need to stop convincing myself to sell these cameras.

Linteria

EF-M Believer
Oct 23, 2020
I recently sold my M6 Mark II and kept my M5 and 11-22mm, 15-45mm, 22mm, 32mm, and Sigma 16mm/56mm lenses. I personally think the M5 is still a very good camera, albeit very slow to use at times, but everything’s there that I need when taking it around for daily use, fun, and vacations. However, I very quickly grew to miss the speed and responsiveness of the M6 Mark II and decided to pick another one up. This time, it’s for good. I think the M5 and M6 Mark II are very clearly the best cameras from the system and they are fantastic enough….I hope they will one day make an M5 Mark II, but until then, I have a pretty great combination right now that serves me. I just need to stop convincing myself to sell these cameras.
Totally agree on that front. I'm always changing my opinion on which i think is better btw my M5 and M6ii. Easily the best two cameras in the system. I'd prob put the M200 third, even though that and the M3 (worst M camera) are the only two Ms which i don't have. Just recently i got over my honeymoon with the 5 after buying it earlier this year. I love it, it's such a better camera than the M50.

I really appreciate what the 50 has done for mirrorless cameras and content creation, but after owning the 5 i finally get why everyone always says they want the 5ii. It is near perfect for serious shooting and needs a proper update. Best screen out of all the Ms as well, largest and highest res. All the controls of, and similar screen articulation to, the 6ii without sacrificing the built-in EVF of the 50 (i came into the system backwards, lol). It even has touch and drag AF – the original M6 can't even do that when you attach the EVF, and it came out the following year! :LOL: *cue cripple hammer*

Yet here i am once again going back to my first born, the 6ii. Ppl like to diss the removable EVF, but as a lover of all things tiny and compact, especially my cam bags, i think the feature is a premium one. Once the EVF is on, it's awesome to use. The only downside is that when it's on the camera it doesn't inspire as much confidence to throw around or into a bag, unlike the ruggedness of a built-in EVF. And as you said, the speed and responsive of the 6ii is just unparalleled. The sensor as well, a monster in such a tiny little package.

Having bought and used most of the Ms this year has really made me appreciate my original purchase even more. Only the 5 has nearly matched its talents. But bring on that 5ii already!

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Totally agree on that front. I'm always changing my opinion on which i think is better btw my M5 and M6ii. Easily the best two cameras in the system. I'd prob put the M200 third, even though that and the M3 (worst M camera) are the only two Ms which i don't have. Just recently i got over my honeymoon with the 5 after buying it earlier this year. I love it, it's such a better camera than the M50.

I really appreciate what the 50 has done for mirrorless cameras and content creation, but after owning the 5 i finally get why everyone always says they want the 5ii. It is near perfect for serious shooting and needs a proper update. Best screen out of all the Ms as well, largest and highest res. All the controls of, and similar screen articulation to, the 6ii without sacrificing the built-in EVF of the 50 (i came into the system backwards, lol). It even has touch and drag AF – the original M6 can't even do that when you attach the EVF, and it came out the following year! :LOL: *cue cripple hammer*

Yet here i am once again going back to my first born, the 6ii. Ppl like to diss the removable EVF, but as a lover of all things tiny and compact, especially my cam bags, i think the feature is a premium one. Once the EVF is on, it's awesome to use. The only downside is that when it's on the camera it doesn't inspire as much confidence to throw around or into a bag, unlike the ruggedness of a built-in EVF. And as you said, the speed and responsive of the 6ii is just unparalleled. The sensor as well, a monster in such a tiny little package.

Having bought and used most of the Ms this year has really made me appreciate my original purchase even more. Only the 5 has nearly matched its talents. But bring on that 5ii already!
I don't disagree about the 5ii.

I waited a while on the M6ii because I was hoping they'd announce a 5ii. More control dials and a reversable screen. The removable EVF doesn't matter one way or the other to me, but some day I suppose I might want to put something else in the hot shoe.

Reactions: Linteria