Why aren’t there more Canon EOS R5 leaks?

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Update 2: Here’s another leak, it never fails. The development announcement will be tonight (EST)

Update: I have heard from a few people since this post, and apparently Canon Rumors has caused some stress at a few Canon subsidiaries. One person did tell us that the rumored Canon EOS R5 specifications are very close to 100% correct, but a few things are off. I did receive further confirmation that 8K is there though.
We should hear more tonight/tomorrow.

It’s been about two weeks since the flurry of Canon EOS R5 leaks hit Canon Rumors and spread pretty quickly across the photography world, and since that time, there hasn’t been much more to add to the rumored specifications.
February 13, 2020 was the rumored announcement date for the Canon EOS R5, but since we haven’t seen any leaked product photos, it’s likely the EOS R5 is...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Man you got me excited for nothing. I saw Canon R5 in the title and clicked as soon as I saw it only to find out basically everything we've been saying in the forums. lol.

Oh well.

Sorry my friend, but I had to address it to ease my inbox inquiries and social media DMs.

Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
So if July launch is correct, we can assume the R5 and R6 will arrive/launch/ship/release together? That makes a lot more sense to me. Development announcement is just fine. Hopefully it will be for BOTH cameras, cuz it would at least be nice to have a bit more clarity on where the R6 fits into the line up

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
We know developments take time...Even after the development announcement and after almost 4 months, 1DxmkIII is being released but will get some firmware updates after, because not everything is on yet. But what is a bit strange is to have such a detailed specs list at this time and we know that at least canonrumors guy have seen the camera, so the camera is out there testing, and the release date is only in...July! Damn....Maybe is not strange at all, maybe is just this huge will to get the camera as fast as possible.... :cool: :cool: :LOL::LOL:

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Feb 28, 2013
CP+ 2020 doesn't start until Thursday February 27th so maybe Canon is being tight-lipped until a formal announcement at this important show.
Whilst its difficult for our US cousins to comprehend there are other events outside of the US and CP+ being on their doorstep is one of them. The next important show after CP+ will be "The Photography Show", Birmingham. UK in March and then the really big one Photokina in Cologne, Germany in June.

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2018
Now I'm torn. I need a ML, because I need to update my current bodies, but July is too far. I will wait until tomorrow and then, if nothing happens, go for a Sony a7RIV to keep for a year.
I feel the same way and will upgrade to the a7RIV.

Life is too short to be constantly checking rumour site for a Canon unicorn camera when you can be out actually enjoying taking pictures with whats available now.

Fingers crossed this has a happy ending tomorrow..........

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Well, after posting this I received some contact from a few people.

Apparently, I pissed off Canon USA something fierce and all product briefing material was not sent out to the usual retailers and salespeople.

I expect we're going to hear something tonight.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
Upvote 0