Why aren’t there more Canon EOS R5 leaks?

Well, after posting this I received some contact from a few people.

Apparently, I pissed off Canon USA something fierce and all product briefing material was not sent out to the usual retailers and salespeople.

I expect we're going to hear something tonight.

Now why did you go and do that? Ha

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

betokella

EOS 7D MKI
Feb 8, 2020
I need to upgrade from Canon 60D. Saved up for a Z6 or A7III, but halted those plans when I heard of the R6, but July seems so far away
I am on the same pattern with my 7D. The mirror-less APSC (if ever) will be delayed even further to wait and see... Eager for the R6 coming out.

Upvote 0
I feel the same way and will upgrade to the a7RIV.

Life is too short to be constantly checking rumour site for a Canon unicorn camera when you can be out actually enjoying taking pictures with whats available now.

Fingers crossed this has a happy ending tomorrow..........

Same. My 70D will tide me over for a while, but if something doesn't happen real soon I will probably find a different solution (whether that's finding a smoking deal on an R or a different brand remains to be seen).

Upvote 0
I need to upgrade from Canon 60D. Saved up for a Z6 or A7III, but halted those plans when I heard of the R6, but July seems so far away
I would wait. Both the Z6 and A7III are nice upgrades to the 60D, changing is expensive. You can adapt lenses but it is not the same. Unless you have a pressing need now, a few months wait is not too bad. Bonus, save up some extra $$ for the extras you will want to buy.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
I need to upgrade from Canon 60D. Saved up for a Z6 or A7III, but halted those plans when I heard of the R6, but July seems so far awa''

It will be here before you know it. You've obviously had that 60 for years. A few months for a camera you will have for many years more isn't so bad ;-)

Upvote 0
Same. My 70D will tide me over for a while, but if something doesn't happen real soon I will probably find a different solution (whether that's finding a smoking deal on an R or a different brand remains to be seen).

Well, I sent an email to Canon Europe volunteering as a tester for the R5 in my upcoming trip to Svalbard Islands in April, but I didn't get any reply...

At least I tried :censored:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

vjlex

EOS R5
Oct 15, 2011
Osaka, Japan

Apparently, I pissed off Canon USA something fierce and all product briefing material was not sent out to the usual retailers and salespeople.

Hope this doesn't affect your access to sources going forward. We really appreciate the service you provide... impatient, silly people aside.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

The Canon 60D was a great camera... but it pales in comparison to the R. Curious why you didn't go that route? I have two of them, and could not be happier. Sure, you could adapt your lenses to the Nikon or Sony... but why when you could stay native?

Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com

WHOA! Pissed because you posted the original rumor? Isn't that what we are here for? Maybe get pissed at the leakers...

What's funny is that I recall many years ago on here a lot of folks balked at my suggestion that "Yes, Canon DOES monitor/read this sort of site. Why wouldn't they?"

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

puffo25

EOS R5 - Fine art landscape, travel,astro and pano
Jul 18, 2017
italy

Finger crossed than. I have bought 2 RF lenses now just to get this new R5 camera body asap....

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2018
I would wait. Both the Z6 and A7III are nice upgrades to the 60D, changing is expensive. You can adapt lenses but it is not the same. Unless you have a pressing need now, a few months wait is not too bad. Bonus, save up some extra $$ for the extras you will want to buy.
I disagree. Unless you have a need for ultra fast AF for action, adapted EF lenses work perfectly well on the Sony bodies.

There are many great cameras out there that don't have a Canon label on them however there is only one that will successfully use your existing EF glass while we wait for the new Canon mirrorless and that I'm afraid is a Sony. In the even of an R5/R6 no show tomorrow and no news as to when that will happen, enjoy photography and go and take pictures.

Upvote 0
There are many great cameras out there that don't have a Canon label on them however there is only one that will successfully use your existing EF glass while we wait for the new Canon mirrorless and that I'm afraid is a Sony. In the even of an R5/R6 no show tomorrow and no news as to when that will happen, enjoy photography and go and take pictures.

I do think precisely the same. As of now, my plan would be to keep a double body (5DIII and a7rIV) for a while, waiting for this R5 to lower the price in the future.

But again, this plan might change tonight.

• Love
  • Haha
Upvote 0
WHOA! Pissed because you posted the original rumor? Isn't that what we are here for? Maybe get pissed at the leakers...

What's funny is that I recall many years ago on here a lot of folks balked at my suggestion that "Yes, Canon DOES monitor/read this sort of site. Why wouldn't they?"
Probably Canon is more pissed this time because the rumor bounced in every major photograpy website: Dpreview, petapixel, fstoppers etc

• Wow
Upvote 0