Canon EOS R Mark II in testing [CR2]

Mar 28, 2020
The RP will.IMO be in the plans because is their mirrorless that is under 1k. I believe the R will stay in the lineup because it is a very good camera for vloggers. The R5 and R6 will be the mirrorless replacement for 5 series. The R6 for the six series. I keep hearing about a high pixel camera but IMO the next one in 2021 will probably be a R1 the mirrorless replacement for the 1 Dx mark iii. I don't think it would be in 2021 but now that the Olympics has been delayed until 2021, they will bring this to market before the Olympics
Yeah. I think giving the higher mega pixel camera the R1 title, and making it a studio flag ship camera will be the goal if they are aiming for professions at 75-150 mega pixels. That only makes sense instead of creating some sort of R5 and charging only $500 more. I also expect the R1 sports style camera will be Above 30 mega pixels and they will still find a way to have it shoot 20-25 FPS w/ electronic shutter. But, this is all speculation at this point. I’m looking forward to seeing what they do. The last thing I would love to see is the flagship camera (the R1) being a full body camera with a full grip for vertical and horizontal shooting. I saw Sony introduced the grip with theirs and that’s how you unlock the rest of the power that Camera has to offer. While I think that camera is brilliant... I thought that move was kind of cheap! I hope cannon doesn’t follow suit with that same approach.

gouldopfl

EOS M50
Sep 2, 2019
Yeah. I think giving the higher mega pixel camera the R1 title, and making it a studio flag ship camera will be the goal if they are aiming for professions at 75-150 mega pixels. That only makes sense instead of creating some sort of R5 and charging only $500 more. I also expect the R1 sports style camera will be Above 30 mega pixels and they will still find a way to have it shoot 20-25 FPS w/ electronic shutter. But, this is all speculation at this point. I’m looking forward to seeing what they do. The last thing I would love to see is the flagship camera (the R1) being a full body camera with a full grip for vertical and horizontal shooting. I saw Sony introduced the grip with theirs and that’s how you unlock the rest of the power that Camera has to offer. While I think that camera is brilliant... I thought that move was kind of cheap! I hope cannon doesn’t follow suit with that same approach.
I have the grip for the EOS R and while it makes vertical shooting easier, the two batteries are used together so it isn't like other grips where one battery is used and when discharged it switches to the next one. The grip still gets more shots than a single battery but the grip is almost as heavy as the camera.

Reactions: Athomp2002