Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Spec List Surfaces [CR1]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
The first spec list we’ve seen for the upcoming Canon EOS-1D X Mark II in a while has hit our inbox. We’re generally hesitant to put a lot behind specifications that come months before a product launch, especially when they come from unknown sources.</p>
<p>Canon EOS-1D X Mark II:</p>
<ul>
<li>20mp CMOS</li>
<li>61pt AF (all crosstype & f/8)</li>
<li>16fps with AF/20fps in liveview</li>
<li>4K 60P</li>
<li>FullHD to 240fps</li>
<li>CFast + CF</li>
<li>Touchscreen LCD (can be turned off)</li>
<li>More customization options for the menus and buttons</li>
<li>GPS & WiFi</li>
</ul>
<p>As I mentioned earlier, this come from an unknown source and take it with the appropriate amount of salt. We’re still expecting to see this camera some time in Q1 of 2016, with a possible announcement in late 2015. <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/nikon-d5-specifications-surface/">Nikon is readying their new D5 flagship camera</a> as well.</p>
<p class="p1">

I'm less interested in the MP and the other things like touchscreen, wifi or GPS.

This camera needs to deliver on 2 fronts: AF performance and image quality.

61 cross type AF points, all f/8.0 running 16fps sounds like a decent improvement and a believable one too.

I'm not hopeful of a major DR improvement but I would like the noise to clean up easier and for banding to disappear.

I'd buy this camera

Upvote 0

tomscott

Photographer & Graphic Designer
Hmm I have to say this one smells fishy…

Why would it have 61 when there is already a 65 point AF system in production thats been out nearly a year, ok its not as sensitive as the 61 point F2.8 vs 5.6 but I'm sure thats because definitive factor between the 7D and the 1dX.

Upvote 0
Can I send in a list of new specs I wish Canon will have too?

I feel like no matter what the rumors will be Canon will just continue to put out slow incremental updates with the next new batch of bodies they release, whenever they feel like getting to it. Doesn't matter what Sony, Nikon, Panasonic, etc are doing but Canon takes their sweet time to play catch up. They know that as long as they update it JUST enough they can keep their current users in their system. We'll see. Come on Canon, please prove me wrong and make us not want to break up with you. I love you but damn, Sony and the others have been tempting and teasing us away...

Upvote 0

tomscott

Photographer & Graphic Designer
whothafunk said:
I don't believe this rumored list one bit. Too much bullS___, but people are actually considering it may be plausible?

1080p30 to 4k60? 12FPS to 16FPS? Same AF points? Can't find fast info on f8 number points but I think it's 1, and going to all f8? Touch screen on a professional body to act like a tank?

I don't see why a touch screen would alter the build quality of the camera, it doesn't state its a flippy screen so it will just be the same with a capacitive touch sensor that you can turn off, it would be useful for video.

Upvote 0

romanr74

I see, thus I am
Aug 4, 2012
Switzerland
We shall see. To me the specs would indicate there is a lot of improvement around read-out speed. I personally do not need more than the existing 60something AF points. If they are all comparably fast and reliable that would improve ergonomics. The specs compared to Nikons D5's rumored specs are not implausible.

Upvote 0

rbielefeld

CR Pro
Apr 22, 2015
I have been shooting the 1Dx since it came out and love the camera. I am a bird in flight photographer. The only thing I would really like to have in my current 1Dx that it does not provide is a bit more resolution, say 24mp. Shooting birds, I crop most images. So, that is what I am really looking for in the new 1Dx II say 22-24mp. If it only provides an increase of 2mp then I really do not see upgrading.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Canon Rumors said:
...take it with the appropriate amount of salt.

About this much, I think...

Milw_road_salt_pile-crop.jpg

Upvote 0
Peer said:
Canon Rumors said:
20fps in liveview

If Canon could just bump this to 24fps then they could advertise it as a 6k film camera (in burst mode).

-- peer

There's one thing I noticed: If this fps spec is true, that means the live view shooting will probably be shutterless, like one of the best features on MagicLantern.

Upvote 0