Canon EOS M Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given what has gone on with Canon pricing recently I think this will be quite an expensive package but I would love to be proved wrong. Just a cut down version of 650d so why bother 'cutting down'? Unless they get the price/spec balance right then there is too much competition out there for a smaller camera to take nice photos and nobody is currently 'wedded' to the lenses.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
sanj said:
Its not for me. Thx.

Nor for me.

But, then again, none of the mirror less interchangeable lens cameras are of interest to me. (Don't like holding a camera body out a foot from my face squinting in the sun and the whole interchangeable lens thing seems to defeat the purpose of having a smallish alternative to a DSLR.)

Still I know I'm in the minority and not the target market for this camera. The Nikon 1 system seems to be selling very well, and this is clearly superior. If they can outsell Nikon and their lesser competitors (which I believe they will) this will be a huge success for Canon.

Upvote 0
I could see this as my second camera (I have a 7d). APS-C and EF adapter sounds great as long as it's not overpriced. I'm hearing that there's a lot of "Anti-DSLR" at venues and events where they see a 5d and say you can't bring it. This camera could fit the bill perfectly. Only thing I don't like so far (from what little info I've seen) is that there is no view finder.

Upvote 0
Those of you who say there isn't a market for something like this, I disagree.
I'm currently using an S95 when we go on family trips, which I love.
Personally, there is no way I'd ever carry a DSLR with me.
If I would, there wouldn't be an issue in my mind.
Something like this would be a huge step up.
I'd love an EVF--maybe the rumored Fall release.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
CrimsonBlue said:
I'm truly confused as to the market for the mirror less cameras that fall between the G1X series and an SLR.

1. With any lens, it is not pocketable.

If you want "pocketable" get a smart-phone :)

2. Requires company to make an entirely new set of lenses on a new mount.

Part of Canon's business is manufacturing and selling lenses. That's one of the ways they make money - Duh :)

What kind of customer is best suited for this niche?

Someone who wants a small/light camera and mainly uses primes between 22mm and 100mm. Beside the EF-M 22mm/f2.0 there are the EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM, EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 II, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM and the EF 100mm f/2.0 USM.

Upvote 0
If they were to front up with a decent, discreet EVF and a small triplet like the Perar below, I'd actually, surprising to myself, consider this.

perar-40-4.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.