Canon EOS R3 sensor resolution to be 45mp?

I would like to take the opportunity and ask for your experience: Is a polarizer a safe choice when using UWA lenses? I mean I read that some part of the sky will be polarized and some less or not at all. This would create a not so appealing photo.
Besides PBD's usage, I use wide angle CPLs to reduce reflections for waterfalls. Taking shots with and without but generally using the shot with CPL as looking through the water in pool of the waterfall (flat water not turbulent) is better than reflections. Reflections on wet rocks within the waterfall show up as harsh lighting.

Seascapes on rock shelves is another example. Use no CPL for cloud reflections on puddles on the rocks or ocean pools or CPL when you want to show what is in the rock pools. If it is overcast then there are no blue sky issues to use CPL for wide angle shots. If the skies are clear, there is no point to shoot a sunrise from my perspective :)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Can someone who can understand what he's saying tell us if anything new is being said?

Disclaimer: I'm not Italian but Spanish, so although it's pretty much the same thing , I might have missed something.

He's just praising the ergonomics, how it feels when held vertical and horizontally and the AF on button. A brief mention of the materials and how nice they are to the touch. Reassuring that it is a real camera and not just a dummy but he's not allowed to turn it on nor mount a lens and that the viewfinder is huge.

It is the second video in Italian I see with someone actually holding it, and the main takeaway is that, to my eye, it seems to be very lightweight and it looks like an ergonomic wet dream :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
I remember for the 1D X Canon offered an external GPS receive "GP-E1" for around $300 that you could attach to the camera. That one included a compass. So I thought that the built-in versions are at least as advanced as that one. There was an even larger one, the "GP-E2" for the flash hot shoe.
The GP-E2 has an electronic compass inside, sadly Canon decided to stop reading that sensor with the R series. My EOS-M will log the direction, my R5 won't.

I'm keeping my eye on GP-E2 clones, there are a few very advanced ones, including ones that log to SD cards.

Upvote 0
On a 5DmkIV or 7DmkII: it's a -lot- easier or much less error-prone: turn it on, it remains on, and when you want to it to stop (at the end of the day): pull the battery out of the body - no way to forget to turn it on the next morning: you insert the battery and it's on and ready by the time you need it.
Exactly what I do with my 7D MkII when on a trip, with one extra step ... when you want to it to stop (at the end of the day): pull the battery out of the body and charge if necessary :cool:

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2019
I like using Occam's razor i.e. the most likely explanation is the one that makes the fewest assumptions. I'd guess that Techradar's source of information is merely likely to be the old rumours that it would be a 45mp sensor, and they simply haven't kept up with the latest rumours. They did after all state "but rumors have strongly suggested that it’ll also be a 45MP camera", clearly stating that they were citing open rumours and not that they had any sort of special inside information.

Upvote 0
Being a retired sportphotographer having covered 6 Olympic Games, I still have a number of friends working at the Tokyo Olympics. I asked one of them who is a dedicated Canon user, to try finding out regarding the R3 sensor from those down there that might know...
When my friend visited Canons pro service desk to have his gear cleaned today, he simply asked the service technician and got a straight simple answer back;
”The R3 have 45MP”

This of course can be false... but if a Canon Pro photographer asks another Canon Pro staff, wouldn’t it be more fair to simply say ”I can’t tell”, rather then giving professional a lie or a wild guess without saying so...?

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Being a retired sportphotographer having covered 6 Olympic Games, I still have a number of friends working at the Tokyo Olympics. I asked one of them who is a dedicated Canon user, to try finding out regarding the R3 sensor from those down there that might know...
When my friend visited Canons pro service desk to have his gear cleaned today, he simply asked the service technician and got a straight simple answer back;
”The R3 have 45MP”

This of course can be false... but if a Canon Pro photographer asks another Canon Pro staff, wouldn’t it be more fair to simply say ”I can’t tell”, rather then giving professional a lie or a wild guess without saying so...?
It's more fair to not ask and put pressure on people who "can't tell" to begin with. Unethical to pressure people to be unethical. Dang, couldn't your "pro" friend just pick up the cam and see for himself? Aren't they getting R3 loaners? Oh yeah, NDA.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
”The R3 have 45MP”

Or the person thought he said R5.

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
Just why? It's waste of space and weight when You can simply connect to your phone and get same result.
Not that practical. I do use my phone to connect but disconnections happen. Embedded GPS just like 5DMkIV and 7DMkII is an excellent solution that works always. Space and weight waste is practical zero.

Upvote 0