Canon EOS R5 Specifications

There's 100% going to be a 5D5. The mirrorless beast will feed on other product lines before that one goes.

And 1-series will lose their mirrors last of all.

Mirrorless will consume the mirrored product lines, I concede, but not in some 1-2 year frantic purge. A few may already have happened (no 7D3, no 5DS2 possibly, etc.), but I see this ultimately taking place over a period of numerous product cycles -- think 10 years, not two.

- A
What options would a 5D user have if Canon said in two weeks "Here is the new R5, it will replace the 5D line"?

They can't go to Nikon - they are going through the same transition. Of course Sony is all mirrorless.

I think the transition will happen much quicker than 10 years simply due to lenses. In the shrinking ILC camera market all manufacturers have to rationalize costs and having to support two distinct lens lines for that length of time does not make economic sense.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2011
My point is that some things can't be analyzed like a mathematical model. Art, I believe, is one of those things, as it is inherently emotional.
Oh, come on, it's not that hard.

Art is the property of an artifact (i.e. man-made object) being subjectively perceived as "unique" in the context of mainfestation of two evolutionarily stable strategies of Homo sapiens: fashion and conspicuous consumption.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Rule556

I see no reason for recording the obvious. -Weston
Dec 19, 2019
Seattle
www.flickr.com

Art is the property of an artifact (i.e. man-made object) being subjectively perceived as "unique" in the context of mainfestation of two evolutionarily stable strategies of Homo sapiens: fashion and conspicuous consumption.

Yeah? YEAH??? Well, I like turtles. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 87
  • Haha
  • Love
Upvote 0

No reason to bring Fuji into this:LOL:

• Haha
Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
Canon appears to have a made tilt-shift...bird

Ain't she a beaut?
  • Biomimetic gimbal design -- 10 stops IBIS for sure
  • It's a drone, too
  • Two lenses --> sees in 3D
  • Battery life extreme provided you brought snacks
  • It may will poop on you
  • Minimal eye strain unless you try to try to look through its rear 'viewfinder', in which case it plucks out your eyes
  • Image transfer technology still being worked out
  • Your $3500 investment may fly off into the hands of a Sony owner
- A

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

snappy604

CR Pro
Jan 25, 2017
My first DSLR was the Canon D6, around 1998, I think. It was about $2,000 and had a 6MP APSC-sized sensor. I didn’t even know what dynamic range was. I forget the FPS, but not much. I put a grand down at the local camera store — remember those? — and waited about nine months for it because of the back orders. Three months after I picked it up, Canon announced the improved and cheaper 10D. It’s really been an amazing photographic ride ever since.

remember? I still have a D6 and it was working last time I checked 2yrs ago.. I should check again - edit. . reading the discussions, I better check, maybe it was a D60.

Last edited:
Upvote 0