Canon EOS R7 specifications [CR3]

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
It’s mainly about max sustained card write speed, and CFe is faster than the fastest SD.

From the IR review, clearing a full buffer with SD ~3x longer than with CFe (6 vs. 18 s).

Yeah, and if I don't want to take anywhere near 75 frames per play and then it's around 25-30 seconds before the next play I have nothin to worry about having to use UHS-II cards, do I? If I'm taking frames between plays, it's with the other body with the wide angle lens when I turn around to get crowd reaction shots in the stands right in front of me.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
No surprise. On the other hand I got a Canon grip for the original R free with the 24-105 f4. Thanks for reminding me that in in the pre-pandemic days Canon used to give them away with bundle deals. Also not very profitable though.

The only actual Canon grip I own is the one I got free with my 5D Mark IV, but that was several years after the model had been on the market.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Yeah, and if I don't want to take anywhere near 75 frames per play and then it's around 25-30 seconds before the next play I have nothin to worry about having to use UHS-II cards, do I? If I'm taking frames between plays, it's with the other body with the wide angle lens when I turn around to get crowd reaction shots in the stands right in front of me.
News flash: your style of shooting isn’t universal.

Even among sports shooters, many sports don’t have ‘25-30 seconds before the next play’. Consider football (as it’s called in the non-Amaeican majority of the world, though Americans call it soccer) or basketball, where players don’t get long rests between short bursts of action like American football players.

So while you may have ‘nothin to worry about having to use UHS-II cards’, for others buffer clearing time is much more important.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
News flash: your style of shooting isn’t universal.

Even among sports shooters, many sports don’t have ‘25-30 seconds before the next play’. Consider football (as it’s called in the non-Amaeican majority of the world, though Americans call it soccer) or basketball, where players don’t get long rests between short bursts of action like American football players.

So while you may have ‘nothin to worry about having to use UHS-II cards’, for others buffer clearing time is much more important.
Soccer used to be the name in Britain. It's short for "Association" Football as used by English Public schoolboys (Public = expensive private) who would abbreviate words to end in "er" like Honkers and Shankers = Hong Kong and Shanghai etc. Your American Football (the one that is elliptical) would be called a Rugger Ball as it is similar to the one used in Rugby Football.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0