Here are some crazy Canon EOS R1 specifications [CR0]

GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DXMKII
Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
en.wikipedia.org
We're not "typical consumers" and many were willing to do 20MP for the other benefits; in fact many found that a positive benefit.

Whether A) your attitude is typical in the 1-series customer base (maybe most disagree with you) and B) Canon recognizes this, will make a marked difference in what happens.
No I'm not a typical consumer I work for one of the largest sports agencies in the world. I would be replacing 24 kits and for us that's 56 bodies and their associated glass.

There is (are) no benefit(s) of a governed or limited 20MP that cannot be adjusted while shooting.

This technology has been in camera since the 1DX and its very simple to shoot at a reduced file size in RAW and JPG. This 20MP, straw dog or red harring is played out. If someone wants to shoot at 20MP let them perhaps they want to shoot at 8MP, let them. But there is no reason to limit the resolution any longer, that thinking and technology was even in the original 1DX in 2011/2

One has to wonder why people don't look at A1, R5, Nikon z, and even the 1DXMKIII and realize decreasing file size is eazy on "the buffer" ROFL.

It's about time our industry matured with equipment that is comprehensive.

PerKr

EOS 90D
Jul 11, 2018
Sverige
ok, so given that the Z9 will supposedly do 8K and have a stacked sensor... Let's just assume it (the Z9) will rival the Sony A1 overall. Then the R1 needs to pretty much match that. I for one expect it will. If it was to be slower with lower resolution and a higher pricetag, that would be like when Sony released the A900 without video capabilities just when the Canon 5DmkII came out (except the Sony A900 at least had a price advantage)

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
Someone has way too much time on his hands...

Someone else needs to mind their own business. I don't tell you how to budget your time. You don't need to waste your time worrying about how I spend mine on the one or two days a month I even visit this site.

Reactions: Chris.Chapterten

Bdbtoys

R5
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2020
Can you? It seems the R5 can't be set to shoot slower than 20 fps in electronic shutter mode.

Can limit in non-electronic. However they really need to come out with a firmware that lets you set the limit in electronic.

Attachments

• drivemode.jpg
    drivemode.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 24

GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DXMKII
Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
en.wikipedia.org
No I'm not a typical consumer I work for one of the largest sports agencies in the world. I would be replacing 24 kits and for us that's 56 bodies and their associated glass.

There is (are) no benefit(s) of a governed or limited 20MP that cannot be adjusted while shooting.

This technology has been in camera since the 1DX and its very simple to shoot at a reduced file size in RAW and JPG. This 20MP, straw dog or red harring is played out. If someone wants to shoot at 20MP let them perhaps they want to shoot at 8MP, let them. But there is no reason to limit the resolution any longer, that thinking and technology was even in the original 1DX in 2011/2

One has to wonder why people don't look at A1, R5, Nikon z, and even the 1DXMKIII and realize decreasing file size is eazy on "the buffer" ROFL.

Hi 100% of the pro sports photographers I know and work

Hi 100% of the sports photogs I know, work with and work for our agency would welcome the oppty for enhanced resolution and be able to choose the file size. No one!!! Not one single person said "I don't want greater resolution and the ability to choose when I want to use it".

Reactions: CanonFanBoy

BakaBokeh

EOS 90D
CR Pro
May 16, 2020
Hi 100% of the pro sports photographers I know and work

Hi 100% of the sports photogs I know, work with and work for our agency would welcome the oppty for enhanced resolution and be able to choose the file size. No one!!! Not one single person said "I don't want greater resolution and the ability to choose when I want to use it".
You'd be surprised. Some here get irrationally angry when you give them options that they can just turn off if they don't want to use it.

pape2

EOS 90D
Mar 19, 2021
I wonder if with todays tech it would be possible to do deep focus tech to R1.
R5 got some sensor deepness ,if i remember right there was mode with two diferently focused frame option from one picture.
Now if Global shutter R1 can divide longer exposures to shorter segments, is it possible track single photons tracks on segment like 1/1000 s or 1/10000s.?
i mean if can get info where photon hits surface of sensor and where it hits to lower layer, can get knowledge about photons flying angle.
When knowing photon track angles can do picture where everything is sharp .Like sensor shift.
How many milliard or billion photons hits to sensor when doing exposure? How big computer is needed to postprocess all that data :p

pape2

EOS 90D
Mar 19, 2021
I wonder if with todays tech it would be possible to do deep focus tech to R1.
R5 got some sensor deepness ,if i remember right there was mode with two diferently focused frame option from one picture.
Now if Global shutter R1 can divide longer exposures to shorter segments, is it possible track single photons tracks on segment like 1/1000 s or 1/10000s.?
i mean if can get info where photon hits surface of sensor and where it hits to lower layer, can get knowledge about photons flying angle.
When knowing photon track angles can do picture where everything is sharp .Like sensor shift.
How many milliard or billion photons hits to sensor when doing exposure? How big computer is needed to postprocess all that data :p
OK i lost scale ,they getting perfectly sharp pictures with 1/10000s ,means billions photons hitting sensor. no way track them.
And anyway million times easier use stacked sensor data for this.

<-- start Taboola -->