Here is everything that you need to know about tomorrow’s big day from Canon

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Tomorrow is the day that we finally get the official announcements for all of Canon’s latest goodies, It has been a long time coming and I think the community is more than ready.
The Canon EOS R3
The Canon EOS R3 for the most part has completely leaked. There could be a few surprise features, which would be quite welcomed.
Pricing for the Canon EOS R3 will be $5999USD / €6099, I haven’t confirmed pricing in other countries, but I think everyone knows what to expect in those markets. The Canon EOS R3 will begin shipping in November of this year.
The Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM
canonrf100400.png
Canon is bringing a lightweight and affordable super-telephoto zoom to the RF mount. This new lens has a launch price of $649 / €749 and is scheduled to begin shipping in mid-October of this year. This lens will definitely sell well out...

Continue reading...

john1970

EOS R3
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
For me there are still a lot I do not know about the R3, which I really hope the following info is released in the formal announcement or covered by reviewers of the camera:

1) What is the buffer depth and clearing rate?
2) Can the electronic shutter be used at speeds slower than 30 fps?
3) What is the flash sync speed with electronic shutter?
4) How good is the high ISO noise?
5) Are there cross-type AF sensors (I doubt it, but would be a nice surprise)?
6) Does the eye AF work well with normal eye glasses?

Hopefully, there are still some surprises!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 19 users
Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2020
Preface this by saying that I read and post here because I find the material interesting and it’s nice to know early what’s coming so one can plan accordingly. Like now I have a decision to make between the 600 and the 100-400. Better to know that before I spend money on the 600, because I won’t get away with both.

That said, anyone ever feel like, “Okay, I just went through your parents closet, and here’s what you’re getting for Christmas!” Takes a bit away from Christmas morning, no?

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2020
I really can’t help feeling they have something up their sleeve, here.

Why else would the two lenses you choose to unveil in the same press conference as your new £6000 professional camera body be the full-frame equivalents of your best-selling budget EF-S telephoto and pancake models?
Maybe two consumer lenses are being unveiled at the same time because the vast majority of Canon buyers are not buying a Pro level, $6000 camera.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
I really can’t help feeling they have something up their sleeve, here.

Why else would the two lenses you choose to unveil in the same press conference as your new £6000 professional camera body be the full-frame equivalents of your best-selling budget EF-S telephoto and pancake models?
Perhaps the RF 400 and RF 600 big whites will finally be available when the R3 is released? Can’t imagine they kept a 500 or 200-600 completely under wraps for this announcement.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

john1970

EOS R3
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
Perhaps the RF 400 and RF 600 big whites will finally be available when the R3 is released? Can’t imagine they kept a 500 or 200-600 completely under wraps for this announcement.
If they did manage to keep a RF 500 mm f4 under wraps that would be very impressive. I don't remember a lot of rumors about the 2018 EF 400 mm and 600 mm updates prior to their formal announcement, but I might be mistaken.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Andy Westwood

EOS R6
CR Pro
Dec 10, 2016
UK
UK time for the Canon online launch is 11am I’m looking forward to seeing the new products, R3 included but particularly the compact RF 16mm lens.

I suspect YouTube will have multiple hands-on unboxings and first tests by the usual characters to keep us occupied long after the launch.

Then at 6pm UK time the iPhone 13 and other new Apple products are revealed.

This time next week I’ll be at the Photography Show in Birmingham so I might even get my hands on some of this new kit.

Tomorrow is a good day for tech lovers but maybe not for our bank balances :)

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

Whatever…

It will be 24mpix and 6000 euro’s. Some new features but nothing spectacular. Eye AF is not what most of us need. So basically the R3 is an R6 with an inbuilt battery grip. If you are willing to pay twice the price for that, be my guest!

That is a incredibly misinformed post. If you only need a R6 that is great, but everything we know about the R3 so far puts it ahead of every full frame mirrorless until the Nikon Z9 comes out. And it may even best the Z9 in some areas.

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0
Aug 7, 2018
I do not care so much about the announcement, which probably will not give us a lot of news, but much more about all the reviews that are already completed , but can't be published before the announcement. They will likely go online within less than one hour after the announcement. We will proboably see reviews by Jared, Kai, Gordon, the Northrups, Peter, DPReview and others all tomorrow. They could publish the reviews today, but then they would have to pay a lot of money to Canon.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
May 4, 2011
Unless there’s been some type of major breakthrough in high ISO performance (or one is imminent or likely within the next couple of generations) I’m honestly meh towards this sudden influx of ultra-slow zoom lenses that the MILC era seems to have enabled. F5.6 is already stretching it thin as it is…JMO. Perhaps there is something else on the horizon that will help all this make more sense…there has to be.

Curious about that 16mm though…

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Whatever…

It will be 24mpix and 6000 euro’s. Some new features but nothing spectacular. Eye AF is not what most of us need. So basically the R3 is an R6 with an inbuilt battery grip. If you are willing to pay twice the price for that, be my guest!
Welcome back! Has your shoulder recovered from patting yourself on the back over your 'spot on' prediction of the 6000€ price? Hopefully by now you've cleaned the egg off your face from your guesses that ranged from 3999€ to 6000€. I think 'most of us' want you to crawl back into your troll cave and stay there. By 'most of us' I mean me, since unlike you I don't claim to know what most people want or need.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0