What originally brought you to canon rumors?

7enderbender said:
I tend to become a little obsessed once I have a new interest or want to reconnect with an old one. Some people may think of that as somewhat "unhealthy" or of me being a "gear head" with a tendency towards GAS ("gear acquisition syndrome"). Oh well. But I'd respectfully disagree. I still do actually take pictures, ride my bicycle, play my guitars (or work at my day job...). So to me getting as much technical background of things and making informed decisions when buying (rather expensive) items is part of the deal - and part of the fun.

hehe, i have exactly the same! that's also the reason why i came to this site. to get info about new camera's (especially the 7dmk2) to be released.

edit: typo

Upvote 0
oninspiratieloos said:
7enderbender said:
I tend to become a little obsessed once I have a new interest or want to reconnect with an old one. Some people may think of that as somewhat "unhealthy" or of me being a "gear head" with a tendency towards GAS ("gear acquisition syndrome"). Oh well. But I'd respectfully disagree. I still do actually take pictures, ride my bicycle, play my guitars (or work at my day job...). So to me getting as much technical background of things and making informed decisions when buying (rather expensive) items is part of the deal - and part of the fun.

hehe, i have exactly the same! that's also the reason why i came to this site. to get info about new camera's (especially the 7dmk2) to be release.

Ditto. I was trying to learn about the 7D, found this forum a month or so ago, next thing you know I'm in here 8 or 10 times a day! The only "serious" camera I've ever owned is my 6 yr old Rebel XT, and, taking a proper photography course has been on my list forever.

Funny experience two days ago... a new Futureshop opened here Monday and after dodging my questions for a minute or two, the camera guy confessed that he was "new to this" - so there's me- breaking down the Canon DSLR line, features and rumours to him. (You know you're spending too much time somewhere when...)

Upvote 0
C

canonwhore

Ha ha ha good question. I guess as most users on here; we are all looking on what is coming out next. I think at the time, I was looking at what the new specs were coming out on the successor to the 50D which we all thought would have been the 60D but turned out to be 7D. I googled for anything I could find and found this site. I constantly had to see if anything new had come up and then the review came out for the 70-200 L 2.8 is II, which by the way is a great review. Ever since that I’ve been reading comments multiple times a day.

Upvote 0