Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

Dec 6, 2016
I agree with all of the above.

But come on, Canon: a noticable increase in Dynamic Range would also be welcome.
This is not asking for the impossible: It should be doable for the company that boasts so many patents. And also considering the age of the 7D MkII and the improvements that other manufacturers have realised since then.

However, I am more and more afraid that Canon might just not be interested in upgrading the 7D MkII any more.

If Canon wants to get a Full Frame Mirrorless action Camera (1DX) out within a few years, then a mirrorless successor for the 7D Mk II would be a perfect area of experimentation for suh an action camera.
The user base of the 7D MkII , with their on-average higher skill level, could give Canon lots of invaluable feedback on the technology its features and interface.
For sure, the user base of the 7D Mk II will probably be more forgiving for smaller and larger errors in such a new Canon 'mirrorless action camera' than the user base of the full-frame 1DX user base will be. Canon will not want to experiment with the latter (often professional) users.
I think an increase in DR is a given. Hell. They would get that if they simply stuck the 80d sensor in. But to be honest DR has never been an issue on my 7d2. It is pretty rare to shoot at ISO100 on that camera and when I do it is because I have perfect light. A sensor that performs better at ISO 800-6400 is what is needed.

Apr 20, 2019
Canon has that new promotion running. I've been eyeing one of those lenses and another piece of gear but will wait it out a few months till we get more, hopefully, good news.

haggie

EOS 80D
May 11, 2016
Canon has that new promotion running. I've been eyeing one of those lenses and another piece of gear but will wait it out a few months till we get more, hopefully, good news.
It apparently is about lenses and more, but exactly what "new promotion" is that?