New Canon 70-200mm Lenses Coming in Early June [CR3]

Don Haines said:
Sometimes it is hard to tell innovation from incremental increases....

For example, BR and other nano coatings could be described as innovative, yet could also be described as an incremental improvement.....

The lens design software (to those not using it) would be seen as an incremental improvement, yet aspects of the software such as new algorithms and GPU programming would be seen as innovation....

The preparation and machining of materials is yet another case where it can be seen as both.

The point being, that we users of the lenses do not have a detailed view of what goes into creating a new lens and that there is a lot of innovation that is invisible to us. All we see is the end product which is (hopefully) a bit better than the preceding version, so we think that it has been incrementally improved. The reality is that the incremental improvements are the result of innovation.

THIS, people.

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
neuroanatomist said:
From a dictionary that somehow got transmogrified from the Mode Dial Boy Universe into the real world:

in·no·va·tive ˈinəˌvādiv adjective
1. when a manufacturer makes a product that I personally want

Exactly. If I don't get a curved sensor paper thin body with a 35-135 f/1.4 IS BR Macro T/S Pancake DO USM, I'll go over to the other company that offers-- that I thought offered this and tell their users that I am going to leave them even though I never really was one of them if I don't get that same camera yesterday or the world sucks.

Canon is amazing in how many people it can irritate for not offering what they want, yet still get their money in the end.

- A

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
From a dictionary that somehow got transmogrified from the Mode Dial Boy Universe into the real world:

ha!...
I tried to resist ... a full belly laugh ..on this one ....for 1 microsecond..
then..
I did it....

this place is very smart in questions and answers..
most of us are crazy here...sometimes...
I always listen for YOUR quiet .. comment .....
...from the far corner...

Informative and entertaining.. this FORUM is..

I ask...
............. I listen....I learn.... I laugh

thanks

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
TommyLee said:
neuroanatomist said:

ha!...
then..
I did it....

this place is very smart in questions and answers..
most of us are crazy here...sometimes...
I always listen for YOUR quiet .. comment .....
...from the far corner...

Informative and entertaining.. this FORUM is..

I ask...
............. I listen....I learn.... I laugh

thanks

He is actually the funniest and one of the most astute on these boards in my opinion. Dry as heck, but in the best way possible. :)

Upvote 0
CanonFanBoy said:
TommyLee said:
neuroanatomist said:

ha!...

He is actually the funniest and one of the most astute on these boards in my opinion. Dry as heck, but in the best way possible. :)

"Dry?" Neuro? I do not think that word means what you think it means. Oh, you mean "dry" like a sledgehammer. Got it now!

Upvote 0