No new EOS R body shipping in 2019 [CR2]

rrcphoto

EOS 5D MK IV
Jun 20, 2013
Focus Shift (focus needing adjustment after changing aperture) — This has nothing to do with AMFA.

AMFA is permanent at the sensor for a specific lens. Focus Shift is due the lens design.
Semantics. But regardless, AF from the sensor is not infallible.

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 21, 2010
Semantics. But regardless, AF from the sensor is not infallible.
Calling it semantics doesn’t change the fact that you’re wrong. You brought up the issue of focus shift with the example of Sony lenses that focused when stopped down, that indicates you know the meaning of the term focus shift. AFMA doesn’t correct focus shift (at least, no current implementation does although it would be possible to accomplish that if a manufacturer chose to do so).

No AF is infallible.

MaxDiesel

I'm New Here
Sep 23, 2015
Calling it semantics doesn’t change the fact that you’re wrong. You brought up the issue of focus shift with the example of Sony lenses that focused when stopped down, that indicates you know the meaning of the term focus shift. AFMA doesn’t correct focus shift (at least, no current implementation does although it would be possible to accomplish that if a manufacturer chose to do so).

No AF is infallible.
You beat me to it... not semantics at all, rrcphoto you simply just wrong.
Its ok to be wrong buddy, we all learn from each other. Thats the beauty of the web.

Gillettecavalcad3

I'm New Here
Mar 14, 2019
I signed up to Canon Rumors as I was awaiting the new big firmware update that Canon promised for the EOSR, ...turned out they quietly released a firmware update that didn't offer much.

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 21, 2010
I signed up to Canon Rumors as I was awaiting the new big firmware update that Canon promised for the EOSR, ...turned out they quietly released a firmware update that didn't offer much.
Presumably you mean v1.1.0 which came out in February. The v1.2.0 firmware (eyeAF, etc.) is due out next week, according to Canon Canada. See the front page of the site.