Two Canon EOS R series bodies coming in 2019 [CR2]

Sep 6, 2018
Anyone thinking Canon will be releasing a full frame mirror-less camera below the new R is delusional. Canon has spent a lot of money on R&D on their new lenses and they only work on a prosumer camera. These new lenses range from $1100.00 to $3K. No one is buying them to put on their Rebel. Canon will be releasing two hi-end FF mirror-less camera early 2019. There is a good chance those announcement will come out at WPPI in Las Vegas.

Aug 26, 2015
Aug 26, 2015
Anyone thinking Canon will be releasing a full frame mirror-less camera below the new R is delusional. Canon has spent a lot of money on R&D on their new lenses and they only work on a prosumer camera. These new lenses range from $1100.00 to $3K. No one is buying them to put on their Rebel. Canon will be releasing two hi-end FF mirror-less camera early 2019. There is a good chance those announcement will come out at WPPI in Las Vegas.
I think that there are plenty of people putting L glass on a 6D Mark II (which they can still do here, using EF adapters will be common in the first years), so the argument is not valid. The D600/6D class has been very important ever since it has been established, and it's coming a bit lower down still.

3kramd5

EOS 5D Mark IV
Mar 2, 2012
A common mantra in photography is to spend money on lenses, not bodies. Maybe the “tech” industry has shifted that a bit, but I don’t buy your notion that no one will put an expensive lens on an inexpensive body.

Also, what do you mean by “they only work on a prosumer camera”?

Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
A common mantra in photography is to spend money on lenses, not bodies. Maybe the “tech” industry has shifted that a bit, but I don’t buy your notion that no one will put an expensive lens on an inexpensive body.
I had my 24-70L f/2.8 II and 70-200L f/2.8 IS II on my old Rebel T2i.

Apr 1, 2016
as rumoured, 2.8 zoom lenses will come in 2019. If they add some light 1.8 primes along the 35 as well we have a good start.

I've worked with the R for a full week of wildlife shooting and am convinced of the strength of the system, but also realised the weak points (mainly speed of readout/fps and some interface choices that need to be made). Would be very interested in a high end pro version.